Incubator ?

no, the fan in a bator just moves the air it does not cool it. and the reason you run a still air at 101, is hot air goes to the top of the bator so to get the temp right at the top of the eggs and so it will draw in freash air it needs to be at 101 to make the temp 99.5 on top of the eggs. to where in a forced air it moves the air all the time pulling in freash air, so it only needs to be 99.5 anywhere in the bator. william hope i answered your ?

Well, I know that in a convection oven, which is just an oven with forced air, your food will cook faster. I'm thinking the moving air forces objects to accept the heat faster. I would guess that the same principle would be in an incubater. I am just guessing here.

i have 15 bators, ten of them are LG's and 3 hova's and 2 home made ones, some of them are still air, and i thought like you and have found out that if i do not keep my temps in my still air ones at 101 it will take 1 to 2 days longer for them to hatch, and do not have as good of hatches when temps are at 99.5 in them. i keep around ten bators going all the time, and hatch around anywhere from 100 to 300 eggs each month of the year for the last ten years. and have a 95 to 99% hatch rate on all hatches. for this is how i make my pocket money. william

Back
Top Bottom