Incubator...

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Dinos_rock, Nov 23, 2007.

1. Dinos_rock

Dinos_rock Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2007
    Arizona
    Does anyone know where I can find a good incubator that will hold 10+ chicken eggs (the more the better) that has a window, fan, and an egg turner for a reasonable price? [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 23, 2007
  2. ksacres

ksacres At Your Service

Nov 16, 2007
    San Antonio TX
    Just watch EBAY for used incubators. At certain times of the year you can get a complete set up for very cheap. But the true "hatching season" is just around the corner and people are gearing up for it. It's not a really good time to buy used right now. I have a still air and a forced air type styrofoam jobbies and a Brower Top Hatch which I don't really like, but it is VERY easy to clean. I don't like the turner, doesn't really turn them evenly, I end up with lots of dead embryos from improper turning in that one. Or just watch this list, a lot of times people have used ones they sell when they upgrade. I'm going to sell the still air machine whenever I finally get a Sportman (my dream). It has a turner, but still needs a turbofan installed, and the bottom needs replaced b/c it is stained and smells when you start it up. I paid $100 plus shipping on EBAY for it this past spring. That's pretty much the norm during the hatching season. Be patient [​IMG] Do you know anyone with an incubator? I hatched a few eggs for a friend of mine earlier this year.

3. seminolewind

seminolewind Flock Mistress Premium Member

Sep 6, 2007
    spring hill, florida
    I have a hovabator and egg turner for sale in the for sale section. Karen

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by