Incubator

jakewelder

In the Brooder
8 Years
Jan 17, 2012
Oregon
Need help.....added a fan inside the incubator from a old computer. The problem is I can lay my hand on the incubator and feel a slight viberation. Will that be a problem with the hatch. Can't hear if its making noise as I am 95% deaf

How bad is the vibration? Since it is bolted to the styrofoam it will vibrate some. If its causing the incubator to move around or shake then it might not be a good thing. But dont take my word on that. Hope someone else see's this and could help better.

if it's slight vibration it should be okay. Every egg turner i've had vibrates a little bit and the eggs sit right in that. So I doubt your fan would be any worse than an egg turner.

Thanks everyone, it's just a slight vibration, so I'm feeling safe

thumbsup.gif

I have a question about vibration- where we have our incubators set up in the house, I noticed as we walk into that room the eggs wiggle a bit- I can hear them just slightly moving. We have an old house with weak spots in the floor problem. Would this mess up incubation? We go in there probably 8-10 times a day. I ask especially since I discovered quite a few of my first eggs sitting have the blood rings at 10 days in, and not sure what killed my embryos. Thanks for any input/advice! I SO appreciate BYC!!!!!

I have a question about vibration- where we have our incubators set up in the house, I noticed as we walk into that room the eggs wiggle a bit- I can hear them just slightly moving. We have an old house with weak spots in the floor problem. Would this mess up incubation? We go in there probably 8-10 times a day. I ask especially since I discovered quite a few of my first eggs sitting have the blood rings at 10 days in, and not sure what killed my embryos. Thanks for any input/advice! I SO appreciate BYC!!!!!

I wouldnt think it would mess them up. I live in a old farm house and noticed sometimes they do that. Maybe you can put your incubator on something more sturdy and strong.

Back
Top Bottom