Incubators Anonymous

Hello...I am an incubating addict...yesterday I fell off the wagon and started a batch of eggs in the incubator. 12 Delly eggs. Not sure if I will ever get back onto the wagon lol.

Any other addicts out there?
Admittedly I am a addict as well. Mine is quineafowl. As long as my girls keep laying them, I will incubate them. My husband and father-in-law think I am crazy, but we have the room to raise them through the year, so why not? Besides, who can resist those little fuzzy babies?

Yay!!! A @LilyD featured thread!!!!!!!!!!!!

What do you have in your incubator right now?
Oh wow I made this thread years ago it's impressive that it's still circulating lol.

Currently my incubator is very sad and lonely. The orpingtons are continuing to grow out and get bigger and my Fry Pan Bargain roo chicks are going to be processed tomorrow fingers crossed. Wrapping things up before winter gets here so that we can button down for the cold months. Sigh. I wish I were living in a place that could still be hatching right now lol. Nights are back in the 30-40's and days are 50-60's. Usually the ber months are just that brrrr... lol

How about everyone else what's cooking?

Sigh. I wish I were living in a place that could still be hatching right now lol.

I just had an orpington hatch last night (weee) and I'm getting ready to add another five to the incubator. The trade off is that I have to endure 115 degree summers. "Be careful what you wish for."

Oh I don't know I am in Colorado and hatching now, not much worse than hatching in Jan or February.... actually its warmer now and these birds should be laying in march maybe? So a good time to offer started pullets.

Oh wow I made this thread years ago it's impressive that it's still circulating lol.

Currently my incubator is very sad and lonely. The orpingtons are continuing to grow out and get bigger and my Fry Pan Bargain roo chicks are going to be processed tomorrow fingers crossed. Wrapping things up before winter gets here so that we can button down for the cold months. Sigh. I wish I were living in a place that could still be hatching right now lol. Nights are back in the 30-40's and days are 50-60's. Usually the ber months are just that brrrr... lol

Oh. My. :barnie

It’s 103 here today. Welp.

Can’t wait to hear about the fry pan bargains. I’m laying off the incubator for a few months because all the Delawares I ordered are coming in less than a week! :wee

Oh. My. :barnie

It’s 103 here today. Welp.

Can’t wait to hear about the fry pan bargains. I’m laying off the incubator for a few months because all the Delawares I ordered are coming in less than a week! :wee

Just because I am not hatching currently doesn't mean I am not looking. I ordered some eggs from Carolina Rare Chicks for my Crele project and am still considering getting some partridge as well lol.

I am northern and had a crazy broody hatch out end of November, and she kept em alive even in -30 temps outside with no heat just straw lol, she snuck it in when I was down hurt lol

Just candled the eggs due tomorrow.... out of 4 chicken that made it to lockdown 2 look ok and 3 turkey 2 look promising.... small hatch this weekend. Next weekend hatch should be closer to 20 eggs and the same for the following weekend.... ok I gotta finish that growout space.

It’s 103 here today.

Out of all the English measures, the one I can never get my head around is Fahrenheit. Regardless, 103° sounds hellish. No pun intended. The hottest days here wew like 33-34° C which I think is the low 90s. My poor birdlies were walking around wings out mouths open, and hiding in the bushes as much as possible. How do you keep your chickens cool down there?

Back
Top Bottom