Incubators Anonymous

Serma i have a friend thats alwats removing turner and placing eggs in eg carton with a Stick under them in the same direction of turning so al he has to do is Move the Stick from one side to the other . Key board neds blown out Later al
That's a good idea. So as I have never used a turner before it sounds like they turn the eggs side to side? Not all the way around?

Well i read a lot of people on here saying that the ducks would probably be fine if you removed the turner and that the humidity would easily come back up, I learned a trick that if you put really hot water in the water dish when your done the moisture level raises again within minutes. But if you decide to leave them the turner needs to be turned off.
yup. that's what I've been saying. HOT water. not boiling, but as hot as your tap will get.

So got home to a mess today. My first hatch of the season and had 7 chicks out of the egg but one with the yolk not absorbed. Was trying to move some of the more energetic chicks out and one jumped on her and now her yolk sack is leaking and she moved forward and pulled more of it out of her body. I have her on a damp washcloth with another one around her and a heating pad to keep her warm now but not sure if she will make it. Grrr

Well I couldnt help myself, olive eggs in the bator now. Not sure what I am gonna do with them when they hatched. Just didnt see the point in having a bator just sitting there empty though
idunno.gif

So got home to a mess today. My first hatch of the season and had 7 chicks out of the egg but one with the yolk not absorbed. Was trying to move some of the more energetic chicks out and one jumped on her and now her yolk sack is leaking and she moved forward and pulled more of it out of her body. I have her on a damp washcloth with another one around her and a heating pad to keep her warm now but not sure if she will make it. Grrr

I had several like that and I kept them wrapped up under a lamp and separate from the others till it absorbed. I had another that didn't absorb her yolk at all; it dangled from the umbilicus looking scary. It burst and I had to cut the umbilicus and keep her separate and quiet for the first 36 hours..and she ended up just fine. She's a feisty little thing! said by youngbiddy

Right now she is sitting with me on the couch wrapped in a damp washcloth on a heating pad on low and it does seem to be getting a little smaller was a bit worried since the other chick knicked it when it jumped on her but I grabbed her up and cradled the yolk until I got her set up. Going to have to figure something out for her for tomorrow though. I do have to go to work lol. Hopefully I will be able to put her in the box with the other but separated with another smaller box and some food.

Back
Top Bottom