Incubators Anonymous

I have a question.
I have a still air incubator. The first of the 4 pipped last night. Sometime before 8pm.

I have a cup with a wet sponge in there, water wells filled & a wet rag. All this with the two red caps in I can get the humidity to almost 70.
My question is I read places where the cap should be pulled for ventilation. But when I pull one the humidity drops to 50.
What do I do?

Also the ducking pipped and hasn't done anything since. When should I assist?

I have a question.
I have a still air incubator. The first of the 4 pipped last night. Sometime before 8pm.

I have a cup with a wet sponge in there, water wells filled & a wet rag. All this with the two red caps in I can get the humidity to almost 70.
My question is I read places where the cap should be pulled for ventilation. But when I pull one the humidity drops to 50.
What do I do?

Also the ducking pipped and hasn't done anything since. When should I assist?
pull the plugs! they need air to breathe and with plugs in there's not enough for all the chicks/eggs... the humidity will recover on its own as chicks hatch and start to dry out it'll go back up.

Hi I am hatching ducklings as well, what do you do if your incubator doesn't have plugs and your eggs start hatching? I could remove one of the windows but I think that would let most of the heat and moisture out?

Hi I am hatching ducklings as well, what do you do if your incubator doesn't have plugs and your eggs start hatching? I could remove one of the windows but I think that would let most of the heat and moisture out?
is it home made?

if so, thats one of the reasons god invented drills - you have to have fresh air during hatching phase

Back
Top Bottom