Incubators Anonymous

Can someone please tell me it is too late in the year to start hatching again. My current batch have just gone into lockdown today and I have that need..... Keep looking on eBay at eggs! Please someone tell me I should wait until spring now......
Hello: it depends on your time. and I would wait about two months before I start another batch so their is space in between them and put color bands on their legs to tell them apart. But if you are selling them or giving them away. Go for it . I wish you luck.

Last Saturday we set 44 eggs.

This Saturday we will be setting more than 10 x that.

Where I hatch we dont have a winter - so I cant tell when to stop - if that was actually required.

Here in the uk we have permenant winter... It's either cold & wet or slightly less cold and wet, so I can't tell when to stop either!

My two oldest Roos are 16 weeks and 14 weeks so I hope I can start hatching my own eggs soon!

Can someone please tell me it is too late in the year to start hatching again. My current batch have just gone into lockdown today and I have that need..... Keep looking on eBay at eggs! Please someone tell me I should wait until spring now......

Hello: it depends on your time. and I would wait about two months before I start another batch so their is space in between them and put color bands on their legs to tell them apart. But if you are selling them or giving them away. Go for it . I wish you luck.

2 months? ??????????? I was hatching every 3 days back in the spring I have cut back to only once a week....maybe 2 times if I have and order.

This month I hatched out Buff Brahmas. In September I am doing a big hatch of different types of banties. In October I plan to do one more hatch before spring. Or so I SAY,lol. The call of the incubator is powerful!!! :)

I just ordered an incubator. Should be here tomorrow. I am very excited. Any pointers you want to pass along?
Just got a small one. A Mini Advance. Want Swedish Flower eggs. But seem hard to locate.

Back
Top Bottom