Incubators Anonymous

I have pips!!
celebrate.gif
Two so far, only 39 more to go!

Temp is the same. Just humidity is different..... and don't open the bator. I don't have them in different incubators I use baskets to keep them separated at hatch. You could make some out of needle point canvas. I used that for dividers but you could sew some together too. If you can sew you could make some of those bags to hatch in out of netting material.

I so need a set up like this

Ok. I have a question.

My 1st hatch from my new Hovabator Genisis is due this week, locking down Tuesday. So I need to get the hatcher set up.

I will be hatching in my old LG

I purchased a thermo/hygrometer for the hatcher this weekend. I've put the sensor in my Genisis to see how close they r in numbers.

My Acurite shows 1 degree lower temp and 7-8% higher in humidity than the Genesis. Of course they r both new, so idk which, if either, is correct. But my eggs seem to be forming great in the genesis!!! Only lost 1 of 22 at 14 day candle.

Now, my question is.... When I put the sensor in my hatcher should I, for this hatch at least, assume my genesis is correct and just add or subtract the numbers to get the proper ones???

Meaning if I want the humidity at 65% and I know the Acurite reads 7% lower, set it so it reads 72%????

Back
Top Bottom