Incubators Anonymous

I suppose they could if they could reach it, but they are walking around on a thick layer of big flakes. The fine stuff is down on the bottom where they can't get to it.

X2...I just make sure the layer of big flakes is thick enough that they don't really get to the bottom layer of finer bedding...even when they decide they decide they need to scratch- scratch at the bedding for who knows what???LOL:D

Ok. I'll stick to my flakes then to be safe. Lol

I have TWO PIPS from my Sheri Minkner eggs!!! They r due to hatch tomorrow and I'm soo excited!

On an unrelated side note! My mini pig finally started eating dry food!!! LMBO! I HATE stinky, nasty, messy formula! So this is awesome! She shall be off the formula soon!

Oh no I didn't...it wasn't me! They just followed me home, can I keep them?

Quote:
English Jubilee Orpingtons, and bonus (packing peanut) Black Orpingtons split to Chocolate. Not sure what to do with the chocolate splits, but I'm hatching some mottle/spangles...maybe I'll try to mottle the chocolates with them as an experiment?

Got 2 baby sizzles in the bator! Had to help one out after it'd been pipped 28 hrs. It seems healthy, other than its just not up on its feet well yet. :/ its ADORABLE!! Hopefully he/she is just taking longer to figure out how to work their legs.
#2 I just had to tie off its umbilical and cut it. It was a huge swollen, bloody, sticky mess. This one seems a bit weak all the way around. So, I'm not getting my hopes up. :( But keeping my fingers crossed!
Got 1 more pipped and 8 more possibles!!!!!

I have 7 QUAIL! They weren't supposed to hatch until Friday. I was moving the 4 chicken chicks (one week old) to the larger brooder and was going to clean the aquarium hatcher/brooder out for the quail hatching on Friday. I heard peeping coming from the incubator and I already had 3 with more zipping! They had jumped down from the turner! I quickly put the two egg trays on the floor of the 'bator. These are Cortunix of mixed colors. One is yellow, 3 are dark with light faces and bellies (tuxedos I'm guessing) and 2 are yellow and black striped. The 19 bob eggs don't show signs of hatching yet but I wasn't expecting them before Saturday. That leaves about 15 Cortunix eggs left.

This one has a leg that seems odd but it is determined to get around with the others. It was one that jumped from the turner rack. I tried putting it in a tea cup but it managed to get out. I put paper towels down under them in the 'bator since I don't have the aquarium fixed up with a light yet because (of course) the bulb blew and the lamp uses a weird sized 40W bulb. Maybe I can find my art table lamp on the swing boom.

Super cute, super tiny!!!

@TeaChick

I am thinning my breeds down so I can't take on any new breeds. I moved those hens today. I am testing them to find one that seems to produce sex links. I need her for a project. I also just moved 5 new WL and I will be moving them in with my Lavender Am soon to make more SBEL. I am having to move the CCL to a smaller pen inside to see if I can improve laying.... well get them to lay LOL. It will be a week or so before I will have eggs again. I might have some now if you want. I will PM you.

Thanks. =)

Back
Top Bottom