Incubators Anonymous

I have always tried to maintain a temp of 100 degrees and no more then 102. According to my owners manual that was the perfect go between temps. My Hovabator stayed on 100 degrees faithfully. The humidity was what I had to work. What did you have your's set at. I tried to keep my humidity around 40 although it would drop down to 27 percent and so I would add more water. The last 3 days I had it around 70 percent. The only chick I had that came out 2 days later had problems because the membrane had dried up. I finally couldn't stand it any longer so I helped it out. It is doing great! I call it Rambo. I myself think humidity is the whole thing, and I never did let my temp go below 99. Don't know if that helps or not.

Disregard my message. If you are setting that many eggs you don't need my advice. I should have read further up. Just speaking from my experiences.

Maybe!
gig.gif

The only thing I can think of that was really really different..... my bator was not FULL of eggs. Those were the only eggs in that MEGA Bator. Maybe when it is full it holds temp better and more even. I just set another batch maybe I should go ahead and set more this week and see if that fixes the temps. I also bought new heating elements (ceramic personal heaters)

Did you see my auction I put up for Lavender Copper Marans? You need to win them.....
I have never seen that mix. Do you have any pics? Are their eggs as dark as the black copper?

Maybe!  :gig

The only thing I can think of that was really really different..... my bator was not FULL of eggs.   Those were the only eggs in that MEGA Bator.   Maybe when it is full it holds temp better and more even.   I just set another batch maybe I should go ahead and set more this week and see if that fixes the temps.  I also bought new heating elements (ceramic personal heaters)

Did you see my auction I put up for Lavender Copper Marans?  You need to win them.....

I have never seen that mix. Do you have any pics? Are their eggs as dark as the black copper?

I am on my phone and can't post the link. It is up in the BST section and there are pics. They are a project and need work. Breeding back to black coppers will improve them in all ways.

Back
Top Bottom