Incubators Anonymous

WHY? This state is ran by major idiots how care more about their political party than and what they want than and support discrimination to the max. If I have not lived her for so long I would move to WA or OR.

Lady cat, I'm going to set some eggs today and I'm just wondering what you think is the ideal temperature for the incubator I have it at 100° right now and it usually when I incubate it varies between 100 and 101 and sometimes it has even been up to 102 but I try not to let it be that high. Right now the humidity is at 67 and I'm trying to get that too down. I usually have it around 47. Do u have any input on those temps? I would appreciate your thoughts on that.

Well I guess I've been lucky. I always put water in the incubator and I also do the sponge thing in the hatching time.I guess I just wanted to see what others did and get some input. I usually keep my humidity at around 40. And the last three days I crank it up to around 70 and I've had real good luck. I hatched 10 out of 12 my last time. So I guess I'll just see how it goes using that same method. Thanks all for the info.

Lady cat, I'm going to set some eggs today and I'm just wondering what you think is the ideal temperature for the incubator I have it at 100° right now and it usually when I incubate it varies between 100 and 101 and sometimes it has even been up to 102 but I try not to let it be that high. Right now the humidity is at 67 and I'm trying to get that too down. I usually have it around 47. Do u have any input on those temps? I would appreciate your thoughts on that.
Your humidity is to high in my opinion for the first 18 days-----To reduce it----you reduce the water surface. If I am using a styrofoam incubator I would only have water in the smaller center section in the bottom for the first 18 days----then both the last 3 days during lock-down. If its a still air incubator----your temp is ok if you are reading it at the top of the eggs,

Back
Top Bottom