Incubators Anonymous

I'd like to get a second incubator to use a hatcher. Is still air ok to use for a hatcher? Does anyone have an inexpensive one they'd like to sell?

I had an old still air I tried using as a hatcher last year. I gave up. Hatches were terrible in that one, but great in the circulated air bators. So I put that one away and got another circulated air bator.

I'd like to get a second incubator to use a hatcher. Is still air ok to use for a hatcher? Does anyone have an inexpensive one they'd like to sell?
Cheapest way to go as far as a second one, is to make your own, its not hard and cost about $20.00 There's a LOT of you tube videos that will show you how. That's how I made my Lockdown bator, I have had it for 5 years and still working great.

I myself would not do a still air for anything, even a hatcher. Just my 2 cents.

I had an old still air I tried using as a hatcher last year. I gave up. Hatches were terrible in that one, but great in the circulated air bators. So I put that one away and got another circulated air bator.

Agreed! Circulated gives much better results in my experience. If you happen to get a still air cheap, you could always add a fan to it to create circulated.

Cheapest way to go as far as a second one, is to make your own, its not hard and cost about $20.00 There's a LOT of you tube videos that will show you how. That's how I made my Lockdown bator, I have had it for 5 years and still working great.

Also a GREAT idea if you are handy at putting things together
wink.png
Haven't tried to make one yet...so far I am keeping my hatching under control by limiting myself to 2 bators
big_smile.png
....so far........

Also a GREAT idea if you are handy at putting things together
wink.png
Haven't tried to make one yet...so far I am keeping my hatching under control by limiting myself to 2 bators
big_smile.png
....so far........
I kinda limited myself to a cabinet hatcher and 2 incubators-----2 cabinets hold almost 600 eggs, but I ran across a deal so I bought another cabinet, then another cabinet, but I have been keeping it under control---kinda----I have never had more than 950 eggs incubating at one time. I guess thats good!! LOL

Last edited:
I kinda limited myself to a cabinet hatcher and 2 incubators-----2 cabinets hold almost 600 eggs, but I ran across a deal so I bought another cabinet, then another cabinet, but I have been keeping it under control---kinda----I have never had more than 950 eggs incubating at one time. I guess thats good!! LOL

WOW!!!
ep.gif
I wonder if I could convince my hubby to limit myself to 2 cabinet incubators rather than 2 hovabators...LOL! It is STILL 2.....right??????? How many eggs it ACTUALLY hold is just minor details
lol.png

WOW!!!
ep.gif
I wonder if I could convince my hubby to limit myself to 2 cabinet incubators rather than 2 hovabators...LOL! It is STILL 2.....right??????? How many eggs it ACTUALLY hold is just minor details
lol.png
LOL, yep You are Right----its still 2-----well until you got 1000 chicks that has to be brooded, fed, watered, etc, etc----LOL-------Numbers become very important---well atleast numbers become something You might want to think about. I got 19 heated brooders------I have had chicks in 19 heated brooders at one time. I had so many chicks in my brooder room that it was talking about 40/45lbs of feed per day to feed them. Be careful-----chicken math can get out of control!!

When are you going to send one to me?
big_smile.png

Well I guess you guys are way out of my league! 950 eggs in the incubator that doesn't sound like backyard chickens to me. So I guess it's silly to say how well my 1602N hova-bator did for me. 45 to 50 lbs. of food a day sounds more like a business. Sorry I ever wasted your time bragging about my good hatch of 10 out 12.

Back
Top Bottom