Incubators Anonymous

Omg guys I'm new to this forum but I am incubating eastern wild turkey eggs they are at about 1.5 weeks and I bumped into the incubator and see way less movement in the eggs but it is night time so does that effect it all do you think they are dead?
hi turkey lover, when you say bumped do you mean you made the incubator jolt/wobble or did the switches get turned off? If you just bumped it they should be fine as long as the eggs aren't cracked and if in a turner rack it would be difficult to jolt them too severely. Less movement in the egg as it grows is normal as the embryo developes they run out of room to frolick around, also as the temperature drops in the egg so too does their heart rate so might explain less movement especially if cooler at night, try not to let them chill while candling them and maybe restrict yourself to weekly candles so you can see the big changes in growth, you'll probably recognize if one hasn't filled out the egg like it's buddies. Good luck! I wish i had some fertile turkey eggs!

Last edited:
Hi, I have a old gqf cabinet hatcher. It has the old toggle switches for temp control. I can get it 98.5 or 100 degrees. What should I do? Any and all input would be Awsome! Thank you! That is with temp taken at top left side close to where the thermostate is.

Hi, I have a old gqf cabinet hatcher. It has the old toggle switches for temp control. I can get it 98.5 or 100 degrees. What should I do? Any and all input would be Awsome! Thank you! That is with temp taken at top left side close to where the thermostate is.

100 is fine, better than 98.5.

you need to measure temp at top of eggs anywhere else is not accurate

you need to measure temp at top of eggs anywhere else is not accurate

I have a cabinet and don't know how that would work.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom