Incubators Anonymous

PD-Riverman, I am thinking about ordering that incu abvanced thermostat kit from incubator warehouse for my older sportsman cabenet. How do I know what I need to order? How hard is this to put in? It would be just me putting this in and I am a little scared at the thought of not being able to install or messing up my incubator! Just call me chicken!!!
hide.gif

How long can eggs in the incubator go without being turned? I put some in at a preschool on Thurs night. On Sat, someone called to tell me that the temp & humidity were perfect, but the turner wasn't working. She was on her way out the door & yesterday was Easter. I went in this morning & fixed the problem, but I'm concerned about the eggs. At least it happened in the beginning.

Hey all! So I was trying to find somewhere to get a brinsea octagon 20 Eco however it's no longer in the online Brinsea catalog and seems to be out of stock everywhere. Does anyone know if they have discontinued it? I shall be very sad as I've wanted one for years but never got the chance to order...:/. The new ovations seem to have a larger footprint and be a bit more pricey than what I remember the Octagon 20 being

EDIT: Woo! Post 500! :yiipchick

Last edited:
I am a first timer....trying to keep my Farm innovations at 99.5.....I am noticing a dip and rise that is about 1.0-1.5 and I can't seem to nail it with 99.5 being the middle....if I was to make an error would I be better off the high end of 99.5 or the low end?
Thanks

I am a first timer....trying to keep my Farm innovations at 99.5.....I am noticing a dip and rise that is about 1.0-1.5 and I can't seem to nail it with 99.5 being the middle....if I was to make an error would I be better off the high end of 99.5 or the low end?
Thanks

Are you using the built in meter on this incubator or have another thermometer? 99 to 101 will work.

Thanks

If that's the temp range you're getting in that Bator I'm jealous. I also have a FI and that thing even in the most stable temp room in my house would waver all over the place. Also I really hope you are using a different thermometer than the one that came with it. Mine was off nearly 3 degrees.

As for the temp anywhere between 99-100 would be best as you'll start having more issues beyond either end. My personal opinion would be to have it a teensy bit high than low just simply bc a lower temp would mean a more drawn out hatch. That's just my personal opinion though. In all honesty I don't know what would be better.

Not using the FI thermometer at ALL....have 2 others in there that are also about .50 off from each other. A cooking one I trust but doesn't have hundredths and a cheap one with a hygrometer.....I have found a happy medium since I posted and erroring in the high range....

Keeping humidity at 50 and waiting for a more accurate measured for that in a day or two....will candle at day 9 and see where I am at....THANKS!!!!

Promised to show what came out of my 80 barnyard mix eggs. 49 chicks, 66% of fertile. Not very good result this time. I think I have a hot spot in my incubator that may have killed some :( Maybe some vitamin deficiency. However, I am happy about the winners :)

PD-Riverman, I am thinking about ordering that incu abvanced thermostat kit from incubator warehouse for my older sportsman cabenet. How do I know what I need to order? How hard is this to put in? It would be just me putting this in and I am a little scared at the thought of not being able to install or messing up my incubator! Just call me chicken!!!
hide.gif
Well, I finally ordered the incukit xl advanced because my thermostat on my old cabinet went out. I need help!!! I wasn't sure if I need 2 heater/fan but I ordered 2 of them. I have no idea what I am doing!

PD-Riverman, My incukit xl thermostat and heater/fans are coming in the mail today. I will be putting this in my old Sportsman gqf cabinet. Where is the best placement for these and do I disconnect the old fan? Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom