Incubators Anonymous

Rippy your bators are big enough, what about just trying out one of the repti foggers like im using? you can find digital controllers for them too.

I know nothing about that.... where do I find them and the controllers?
droolin.gif
It is only a little problem in the cooler weather. In the summer it can get too high for my taste. Hard to get it down too.

This hatching addiction is killing me.
barnie.gif
I had the hardest time fixing breakfast this morning, in 21 days I could have had these
hit.gif

Deb
STEP AWAY FROM THE SKILLET! The only eggs that make it to my SKILLET are too small, too dirty or just not worth it to hatch.... the rest are store bought eggs....
lol.png

I know nothing about that.... where do I find them and the controllers?
droolin.gif
It is only a little problem in the cooler weather. In the summer it can get too high for my taste. Hard to get it down too.
good ol southern weather. I had mine from breeding geckos but i got it from this site http://www.reptilesupply.com/product.php?products_id=2394 . Mine i was missing pieces to so mins inside the box, but really it comes with a flex hose you can duct right into the bator.

Thank you DMRippy, I really feel your pain on this whole humidity thing. It is very frustrating, but worth it in the end hopefully:) I'll send just a touch of humidity your way. I really wish I could help on how to get it higher, but I really don't know. this is my second hatch attempt. the first was very unsuccessful. 1 chick out of 8 eggs:(

Thank you so much debs flock. I put the dish of rice in. That was very helpful. do you think that 50-555 for the first 5 days hurt the chicks
I wouldn't worry about the high humidty at the beginning. Eggs/chicks are way more resilient than we give them credit. (Sorry, I was away from the computer most of the evening painting - this remodel is going to be the death of me!).

A week into my current hatch, the workers blew a circuit with their saws. I was gone to my office and the heat had been off all day. DH noticed late in the afternoon and reset the circuit, but when I came home the eggs were cool to the touch (about 100 of them). They are all still fine and waving at me from inside the shells.
love.gif

Deb

Mines been running at 50% constant since startup. bumped it up to 62% while chicks are hatching. 3 have hatched so far, with another 90+ eggs incubating in there on the turning shelves.

Last edited:
I got my humidity to a more normal level. Put a couple of 1 towels in the water..... got too high when I draped it over the edges, so I have them contained up the walls but not over the edges. It is about 35% I fell better about that than LO reading I was getting.

So I have one batch of eggs in the bator from my Blue Copper roo that dropped dead on me the other day
hit.gif
Today may be the last day I collect from his pen. Hopping for a good hatch.

I have some new layers too. My other SLW started lying and since I have trimed everyone I am hopeful for some chicks this time. My broody pullet is laying too
fl.gif
My Silver Penciled dotte are starting to lay, I am not going to hatch those yet.

Back
Top Bottom