Incubators Who Has What Brand and How Do you Like It?

ChickensInMyYard

In the Brooder
8 Years
I need a new incubator stat. I'm sort of leaning towards the Brinsea 40.

hu.gif

I've got the Brinsea Eco 20. I'm only 10 days into my first hatch, but I'm pretty happy with it so far. My main concern was being able to keep the temp. stable because I've got an old drafty house. So far so good, no weird temp. swings like my friend had with her Little Giant. I absolutely *love* the fact that I can turn the eggs without opening the incubator. Because of the octagon shape you just tilt it from side to side. It's so easy I've decided I'm not going to buy the auto-turn cradle for it. Going over to tilt it the opposite direction gives me a chance to check the temp. and humidity too.

I have an Rcom mini. It holds temperature and humidity Very well. I have heard the other bigger Rcom incubators are very good. I don't know for sure, but I think the Brinsea's are cheaper. I have a Brower Top Hatch, the thermostat went out, I added a different light fixture and new thermostat, but even when the original thermostat was working, It was a poor incubator.

I have a Little Giant incubator, and It isn't good either. I have a fan added to it as well.
I just recently acquired a vintage round metal incubator (Brower 846) Very pleased with it, I got 18 chicks out of 21 fertile eggs.

I have 2 homemade incubators a cooler incubator, and a cabinet incubator. I (of course) love them both.

I have 83 eggs in the cabinet incubator as I type. My cabinet incubator air temperature fluctuates from 99.9 to 100.2.

I have the digital incubator ware house thermometer to measure temperature.

My cooler incubator is my hatcher. I am VERY pleased with it. The air temperature fluctuates from 99.7 to 100.4

Last edited:
I have a Cabinet Incubator and Cabinet Hatcher made by Dickey. They look like a GQF But they are wood and they hold temp very well! They are a little cheaper than GQF also.

Nate

I've got a Little Giant model 9200 with auto egg turner. Several years old but still works pretty well. Only thing I need for it is the fored air fan for better circulation. My mom has two of the same models and one of them is over 20 years old and actually works better than her newer one. It's just a styrofoam chest type bator but overall I would recommend to anyone looking for something under $150 with egg turner and air fan.

I have two Brinsea 20 Advanced....with turners (I'm not home enough to turn three times a day).

I love them!!! Rock solid on temps and humidity.

I literally put the eggs in, remove them from the turner on day 18, add more water, and on day 21 I magically have chicks.

Easy peasy!

I have a Brinsea 20 Eco and I love it! Just bought a GQF 1502 Sportsman and believe I'm already seriously in love with this one! Just put my first batch on lockdown while I still have 3 other batches in there!!
thumbsup.gif
Love that aspect of it!!

I have a Cabinet Incubator and Cabinet Hatcher made by Dickey. They look like a GQF But they are wood and they hold temp very well! They are a little cheaper than GQF also.

Nate

Me too. And I love them both. Mine hold temp and humidity exactly where I want them. I like the fact that they are stackable to save space which is a big deal when you have seperate unites.

Lanae

Me too. And I love them both. Mine hold temp and humidity exactly where I want them. I like the fact that they are stackable to save space which is a big deal when you have seperate unites.

Lanae

Yeah that is a great thing about them! I used to stack mine but i have them on a table with my mealworm farm underneath the table. They are great!

Nate

Back
Top Bottom