Incubators

FlockingFantastic

In the Brooder
Jul 5, 2020
Oregon
I'm just curious what all your favorite incubators are!
I currently have 4 incubators I like a bunch.. Harris Farms Nuture Right, HBLife 9-12 egg incubator, Brinsea Maxi 2 Advance, and a Brinsea 28 EX.
I have had 88-95% hatch rates with these incubators, the Brinsea Maxi 2 being my highest hatch rate.
I'm curious how you all do it :)

I bought a farm innovations this year. Have had good luck with, from reviews either people hate them or love them. 80 percent plus hatch rate after removing bad eggs.
I also have a old Little Giant. I have put a temp controller on it. Really helped with the temp swings and actually was surprised did pretty well. did mixed bantam and large eggs. Large eggs 80 plus percent but the silkie eggs came out poor, 20 percent. The temp swings I think are hurting me and the incubator has seen better days.

I bought a farm innovations this year. Have had good luck with, from reviews either people hate them or love them. 80 percent plus hatch rate after removing bad eggs.
I also have a old Little Giant. I have put a temp controller on it. Really helped with the temp swings and actually was surprised did pretty well. did mixed bantam and large eggs. Large eggs 80 plus percent but the silkie eggs came out poor, 20 percent. The temp swings I think are hurting me and the incubator has seen better days.
I have a secondary thermometer/hydrometer in each of my incubators and the number values on all 3 of them never match what my secondary thermometer says.. I doubt check accuracy with a glass thermometer and it is within half a degree of my digital thermometer/hydrometer! I have silkies incubating now, I'm hoping they turn out better than 20%... they are my Harris Farms incubator, too!

I have a secondary thermometer/hydrometer in each of my incubators and the number values on all 3 of them never match what my secondary thermometer says.. I doubt check accuracy with a glass thermometer and it is within half a degree of my digital thermometer/hydrometer! I have silkies incubating now, I'm hoping they turn out better than 20%... they are my Harris Farms incubator, too!
I am doing doing silkies in my Farm innovations now just took out the bad eggs, bout 14 days see how this hatch comes out.
I wish you luck on your hatch.

Back
Top Bottom