Incubators

Discussion in 'Geese' started by Country Parson, Dec 27, 2010.

1. Country Parson

Country Parson Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2010
    Bellefontaine, OH
    What model/make of incubator have people on this forum used to hatch out goose eggs? Has anyone used the Brinsea Eco models? Others?

Would love feedback & recommendations.

2. bargain

bargain Love God, Hubby & farm Premium Member

Apr 13, 2008
    Bowdon, GA
    I use a LG with the goose extender part for it. I've also used a cabinet, but really prefer the styrofoam for hatching as I do the misting method and don't like to open the cabinet as much as this would require. Hope this was helpful. Nancy

3. vicki2x2

vicki2x2 Super Chick

Feb 9, 2008
    Central Michigan
    I used my Brinsea Eco for the last two years with excellent results. It was a tight squeeze when the hatch, but I over all I have had great luck with it!

4. txcarl1258

txcarl1258 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 11, 2010
    Pleasanton
    I hatched one and some duck eggs in a LG. Worked very well for me, but I have heard that others have had bad experiences with LGs.

5. Puddle Foot Farm

Puddle Foot Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 20, 2008
    Maryland
    I used a Brinsea Eco to hatch goose eggs for the first time - out of 11 at lockdown, 8 hatched. I had to open it a few times to take out goslings and shells to make room for the rest, but no one was adversely affected, IMHO. I will be using it this year for goose eggs, and am thinking about getting another. [​IMG]

6. roboboy

roboboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 15, 2009
    Central Wisconsin
    I've got a nice old redwood incubator. Best I've ever used, if the egg's fertile this monster will almost certaintly hatch it. And to make it more exciting, i don't lockdown my eggs. It would be impossible, it holds up to 12 trays and i usually set every two weeks during the hatching season.
    I won't hatch waterfowl in sportsman's they always seem to dry for me and hatch horribly, though i thought i hatched gambirds and chickens better than the redwood.
    But before we had any of these we exclusively used styrofoam incubators, everything hatched good in those. We used little giants and other various brands.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by