Incubators?

Thinking about trying to hatch some eggs on my own and was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for incubators? I've been looking around online at Tractor Supply as well as EBay but it seems as though the reviews on them are equal as far as people who were happy and unhappy with the product. So I figured I'd ask on here. I really don't want to spend a whole lot of money on one - the price at TSC of $39.99 was about as high as I was willing to spend on one. Thanks!
Are you handy with tools and building things? You could always make your own.

Are you handy with tools and building things? You could always make your own.
Absolutely not! LOL I just built my own coop that I was so unhappy with that I went online a week later and bought one. I am new to this whole chicken thing, now that I have 3 orpingtons - 2 hens and a roo and 3 silkies - 2 hens and a roo, I'm thinking maybe I'll see what happens if they go broody and I try letting them hatch their own in the spring.

Absolutely not! LOL I just built my own coop that I was so unhappy with that I went online a week later and bought one. I am new to this whole chicken thing, now that I have 3 orpingtons - 2 hens and a roo and 3 silkies - 2 hens and a roo, I'm thinking maybe I'll see what happens if they go broody and I try letting them hatch their own in the spring.
lol ok......

If you look around you may find someone like myself locally that not only hatches their own eggs. but hatches for many others as well. I find most people around me are happy with the 1 dollar per live chick hatched and picked up to be a fair sum. and I run anywhere from 1 to 400 eggs at a time. my incubators will run anyway.

and for the record. I have 5 or six different types of incubators. but for the novice and experienced alike. when it comes to small styrofoam incubators the Hovabator takes the crown. but a forced air fan kit, an egg turner and a nice hygrometer are almost essential. you will get 2/3rds more eggs to hatch with the accessories then without them.

Back
Top Bottom