Incuview Incubator

Hi hope I’m posting in the right place!
I just got an incuview after lots of debating about which incubator to buy... we are getting Silkie eggs shipped here soon! So, I just had a couple concerns about it though- the backlight on the screen is flickering (not the numbers but the light behind it) is that normal, or a sign that something isn’t working as it should?? And at first it was running hot but we figured out how to calibrate it and now it is pretty steady, though it has hotter and cooler spots- normal for an incubator?? The hygrometer is off a bit but not by too much and it’s holding humidity pretty well too.
After reading the last few posts on this thread I’m wondering if the incuview with it’s rolling turner is going to be ok for my first hatch with shipped eggs I think I’m worrying myself silly about this incubation business!! Lol
Thanks in advance for any advice!

Ive hatched out three batches of eggs in mine and didnt calibrate anything. It was already set to 99.5. Just had to get the humidity where I wanted it.
As for the flickering light, mine doesnt do that either. Did you call Incubator Warehouse and ask them? They are very helpful.

Ive hatched out three batches of eggs in mine and didnt calibrate anything. It was already set to 99.5. Just had to get the humidity where I wanted it.
As for the flickering light, mine doesnt do that either. Did you call Incubator Warehouse and ask them? They are very helpful.
I didn’t call them yet, but I think I will tomorrow about the flickering light.
When we checked with calibrated thermometers mine was running 102-103 even tho it was reading 99.5, after calibrating it’s the right temp. The right back corner still is a hotter spot reading about 101 and right under the fan is 98ish.... I’ll see what they say when I call incubator warehouse though. Thanks!

When we checked with calibrated thermometers mine was running 102-103 even tho it was reading 99.5, after calibrating it’s the right temp.
How did you calibrate your therms......and how did you calibrate the incubator?
Definitely call in about the flickering display.

How did you calibrate your therms......and how did you calibrate the incubator?
Well I tested it with some food grade thermometers( my hubby is a chef so he’s got a lot of them lol) and they are calibrated using ice water.... I also have a thermometer/hygrometer that I bought from incubator warehouse (incutherm I think)it reads the same as the food grade therms and I did the salt in the bag to test the hygrometer and it read 73 instead of 75. Do you have any other suggestions?, do you think what we used would be accurate?

Well I tested it with some food grade thermometers( my hubby is a chef so he’s got a lot of them lol) and they are calibrated using ice water.... I also have a thermometer/hygrometer that I bought from incubator warehouse (incutherm I think)it reads the same as the food grade therms and I did the salt in the bag to test the hygrometer and it read 73 instead of 75. Do you have any other suggestions?, do you think what we used would be accurate?
Sounds pretty good to me....food therms are usually good, especially if restaurant has them tested/calibrated. I test against medical thermometer...and now have a high grade food therm https://www.thermoworks.com/RT301WA

My hygro was spot on....and a couple % points off is not a huge thing anyway.
Best of Luck on your hatch!

Still curious about your flickering display and how you 'calibrated' the temp reading to be correct.

Still curious about your flickering display and how you 'calibrated' the temp reading to be correct.
Oops... I’ll call about the display,and update what they say. I don’t like that it flickers, seems like something isn’t working properly...
As for calibrating... it said on the paper that came with it that it can be calibrated- so after playing with it for a bit my hubby was able to find it on the menu and calibrated it?- it worked to bring the temp in sync with our other therms??‍♀️ And thanks for the link- I’ll have to get one of those!

Last edited:
Ok I called incubator warehouse about the flickering display.... He said that basically it’s nothing more than an annoyance, said the one he has at home and the one he is testing both do the same thing. Something to do with power supply and bc the fan is always running.....said it won’t always flicker(mine does stop flickering for a minute here and there) but unless the screen is actually going black that it shouldn’t cause any other problems. He said it is something they are working to improve and that if I have further problems with it that I can just call again.
So I’ll just keep an eye on it and hopefully won’t have any issues with it!

Back
Top Bottom