Incuview Incubator

I was thinking it looked like a perfect hatcher too. :) In the meantime, I'm building one out of a cooler with the incuKits sold from Incubator Warehouse. $50 was waaayyyy more affordable to me than $185

Candled the eggs last night and culled two eggs that appeared to be not fertile or growing. Unfortunately when i cracked them open to view my findings one of the eggs had a growing baby chick inside, the other was infertile and not viable. The others seem to be growing and doing find just hate that i culled a possible healthy chick that might have hatched.

I'd wait until lockdown on day 18 to cull the clears...leave everything else if they are not absolutely clear, unless they stink, cause ya never know!

Nice to hear the temp and humidity are holding, that big window is awesome!
Where are you located? Is the room humidity of any extreme?
Frigid winter here, very dry and hard to keep humidity up in bator.

Good Luck!

Yea i normally don't have a problem but some of the eggs i got were very dirty and i tried a new washing method before incubating. washed all the eggs in Oxine and water solution. I normally never wash the eggs I'm going to incubate. I was just really concerned about having an egg explode. I'm in TN near Memphis. Room temp stays at about 70-72 and humidity at about 35%.

Thunder, I wash my hatching eggs too. Never used to, but since I get eggs from all over (shipped), I figure it's better to be safe. I wash under hot running water (just wet & quick wipe, really) then dip in hot Oxine solution & set out to dry. I've had less early DIS problems since washing.

9 eggs went into lockdown. Hatch day is tomorrow. I was a little worried because I hadn't heard and chirping yet but my wife just sent me some pics and it looks like we have a few peeping! Will updated again tomorrow. I just winged it on the oxine solution, I put half a cap of oxine into a cereal bowl filled with water and wash each egg individually.

Back
Top Bottom