Incuview Incubator

Pics
My IncuView shipped today!
wee.gif

I won't be hatch with it until the end of October but I'm excited nonetheless.

I am brand new to this sort of thing... Getting into quail... you said 27 chicken eggs... how many quail eggs to you think it would take? also... would the auto turn work as well for quail eggs?

I am brand new to this sort of thing... Getting into quail... you said 27 chicken eggs... how many quail eggs to you think it would take? also... would the auto turn work as well for quail eggs?

According to the website it holds approximately 49 quail eggs and the auto-turn should work for them as well.

It arrived today! I'm testing it out now to see if it hold temps well.

Question for IncuView owners: Does your display flicker when it's running? Not the actual letters but the backlight?

What does everyone set their temps to? Mine is set at 99.5 but the temp on my water wiggler isn't getting above 96.5.

Last edited:
Okay, so I finally got the water wiggler temp to 99.5ºF by upping the set temp of the incubator to 102.5ºF.

I don't think the thermostat probe is out of calibration because a second thermometer held at exactly the same position as the probe reads the same as what's on the display. It just happens to be a full 3ºF cooler at the bottom of the incubator. I didn't get any responses to my last question, but pictures suggest that other users have run it at 99.5ºF and gotten that temp throughout the incubator.

Perhaps the new fan cover keep the heat from circulating enough?

I'm going to keep posting here even though no one is talking to me, haha.

So I (carefully) took the fan cover off (it's held on with 3 zip ties) and I can now get 99.5ºF on the water wiggler by setting the unit to 101ºF. So it looks like there's still a 1.5ºF difference between the top and bottom of the incubator but that's half of what it was with the cover on. I will put the fan cover back on for lockdown so no one gets injured.

I'm still not sure how some people were able to get a consistent 99.5ºF everywhere without moving the probe but I'm okay with running it at 101ºF if that's what it takes. I guess I could also move the thermostat probe lower so it measures the temp at the floor but I like where it is now, out of the way.

I'm picking up hatching eggs this weekend and will be setting them on Sunday!

I'm still listening!
big_smile.png
I had am awesome hatch with this incubator for my very first hatch! 13/18 set. I did have to fuss with the thermostat a bit, it was very hot here when I hatched. I finally put a fan in the room and turned it off at night. That evened out the temps for me. I did not have the new fan cover at the time though.

Back
Top Bottom