Incuview Incubator

Pics
I have been so blessed by this thread! After reading about halfway through, I decided to purchase an Incuview instead of a Brinsea advanced for a couple of reasons that might help others who are making a similar choice.

First of all, I am a hobbyist, not a professional. I want to raise chickens every year as food for our family and replacements for my small, 25 to 50 chicken winter laying flock. So, I was not looking for a high volume but I didn't want a whole bunch of little tiny clutches to raise separately either. The Brinsea comfortably sets 20 chicken eggs (and you can jam more in, i know) but wanted to be able to set like 25 or even 30 eggs per hatch.

Secondly, the Brinsea prices are too high for this hobbyist to justify. To buy the Brinsea advanced (which is really comprable to the Incuview in features, if not function) I would have had to spend at current prices somewhere around $350 to $400, and have no backup. I figure that if I order the Incuview instead, I can have one to use and even order one to spare in case something goes wrong mid-hatch with the first one, and (with a second Incuview) I can stagger hatches easily using one as a dedicated hatcher if I get to that volume.

The third, and probably the tipping point for me as a newbie, was the difference that I read about in customer service for the two companies. In reading the entire Brinsea ECO 20 thread it was clear that people found Brinsea customer service less than adequate, if not downright rude. By contrast, Incubator Warehouse staff seems to be both responsive and helpful. Since all machines fail over time, I want to buy one from a company that will help me when the inevitable occurs.

My order should come in about a week. From this thread I have learned that probably no incubator is perfect, and that life goes on even when you have a bad hatch. Because I am a newbie at incubating, and also hate having animals die generally speaking, it's good to get my head on straight now, before I start!

Last edited:
I decided to order a second Incuview and called Incubator Warehouse to see if I could combine shipping. I spoke to Evan, who helped me do that. I asked about return policies, and he said I had a year to return it even if nothing was wrong with it. Since at this point I'm only planning to use it as a backup (hopefully, it will be sitting new in the box for a year, just in case of unforeseen problems), I was well pleased.

While I had him I asked about the various types of issues discussed on this thread, and he volunteered that they had indeed gotten a bad batch of power supplies earlier this year, and had switched suppliers. (He confirmed that my new bators would have the newer kind.)

Again, I know this is the season when many make incubator purchases, so i I thought the info might help someone else.

Last edited:
I'm single, thinking about# 4.I just got a 1588 also and just fired it up,and I'm now spoiled,no more turning.I really like the looks of your new incubator,will pull it up,its time to give the little giants to my daughter.

I f you want a cheap back up,get a little giant,basic model $ 44.00 full dressed about $110.00 I have 2 and used them 24 hours a day since last September.They also have a 1 year warrenty and ive probally got 3 to 4 times the orginal cost with warrenty parts.They had a little trouble with controls for a while.They are in usa and parts are shipped quickly.I have a stock of spare parts to replace anything in a few min,s.Sorry,my sinus headache has my brain at 25%,cant think how to spell easy words any more,surgery on them in 2 weeks,had another surgery last week
you can get one at tractor and supply, and Walmart you

,cant go wrong for $44.00

Last edited:
So... you recommend buying the Little Giant as a cheap backup, but you needed to get a whole bunch of replacement parts because your Little Giant failed? Or, did you spend money on those parts just in case? I'm not quite following you. Sorry about the medical troubles! I hope your surgery goes well.

I spent no money,when I ist got them the incubator temp would be way different from store bought theromenter.Miller just quickly sent me a couple more,i found out that all are off a little so I kept the old controllers which still work,Imay have to set incubator theromenter 2 or 3 degrees higher to get my 100 degrees,After you do it a while you know like 102,7 really gives you 100.The one I have going now I haven't touched controls in months always goes to 100 you may have to adjust it a few times ist day.I check omn them every 2 or 3 hours,,just to check temp.When I see it id steady I leave it alone.You can add water with a turkey baster by just lifting front of top.Channels marked 1 thru 6 on bottom I put a fan in one for about 30.00 you can add auto turner for $44.00 more at a later date,but complete it is about 110.00.Since I have 2 when one is not in use,i can just swap tops.every time you take the top off you may have to fine tune it

Heres what ive been hatching last couple months,my daughter has some fancy chickens..I just try to hatch silkies.she takes them all,but I fell in love with this one and her fat little friend I have the little giant and the 1588 going now.sometimes all 3.no,they never failed,was just trying to get more accurate temp on controller.Found out it doesn't just go by inside theromenter,i put it on right fronr on top 4 eggs and run temp from 99.6 to 100.excuse me for confusing you,ive had two sleeping pills and been awake about 3 days,its almost 700am here,time I'm usually getting up.If you want to know more I can give you my ph # and u can call me.If you were closer I would give you one of mine about half.

Last edited:
I hatched about 70 a and m white quail with this one with only 2 females,have been giving them away,had way too many.let me know what you do.Theres plenty of you tube cant videos on them,plus I believe miller has one also.Theres quite a few people on forum have one,they have been building them 70 years.Time for morning meds,gonna fall out,thanks for replying

My two incubators arrived earlier than promised, though I used economy shipping. Both seem to be in perfect condition. I bought an external hygrometer/temperature guage with probe and plan to calibrate it tomorrow. I added water, but wondered how I'll do so when the unit is filled with eggs.... Anyone with Incuview experience want to enlighten me?

Last edited:
We just lift the lid and pour water in to the right trough (you will fill all troughs during lockdown). The incubator regains its temps very quickly with the fan going. It's quite impressive. Within minutes its back to temp for us.

I drilled a small hole towards the top right corner of the lid and used a large syringe (the type you use for injecting seasoning into meat, chicken etc.) It held about half a cup and the needle was about 1/8" dia...it was plastic and you squeezed it. You could direct the aim easily when the tray moved to the left.

Back
Top Bottom