Incuview Incubator

Pics
Well, chicks still hatched, just a day later than those under my broody or those in my homemade coolerbator. It's just frustrating to have an incubator shut OFF on the last day when I already feel stressed about the hatch. Baby pic:
Hope this situation doesn't happen to anyone else!

Well mine arrived last week and i just put in a small test batch of 15 eggs last night. So far it holds the temp great. Filling up the outside water channel (there are thee in all) keeps the humidity at at 40-45%. It is way quieter than my old styrofoam model. Although the temp fluctuates of the digital readout I have and egg-ometer that I ordered with the incubator (gives internal temp of the egg) that is holding rock solid at 99.5 degrees. Will update everyone that may be interested or that is thinking of ordering one as i go along.

hi from Dianna
frow.gif
gosh i was hoping the IncuView would be a good one, i like the design & was hoping this one would be dependable...? to hatch some icie eggs from you, so whats your verdict...? on the IncuView, is it a yes or a no..? or should i just keep looking,
idunno.gif
thanks for your input. take care kind regards Dianna
thumbsup.gif

hi from  Dianna  :frow gosh  i was hoping  the IncuView   would be a good  one, i like the design &  was  hoping  this  one  would be dependable...?  to hatch  some icie eggs  from you, so whats your verdict...? on the  IncuView, is it a yes or a  no..?  or should i just keep looking, :idunno thanks for your input.   take care kind regards  Dianna:thumbsup
Hi, Dianna. I think there are some real pluses to the Incuview- the large window and the egg turner being a couple of them. On the other hand, the fact that the incubator turns off randomly is a big minus, and the turner assembly is kind of fragile since it just unprotected on the outside of the incubator. Problem is, I don't know what incubators are supposed to the best that are still under $200. For the price, the Incuview is not horrible, but there are features I would like to see improved.

I purchased my Incuview almost a whole year ago. Mine has been extremely reliable, even under constant use. I hatch out of it every 3 weeks and then load it back up with more eggs as soon as it has been cleaned. The only break mine gets is during winter. It really seems like if an egg is fertile, the Incuview will hatch it! The last four hatches I have done, I have had 100% development. Also, I have my temperature set on 100 degrees F, not 99.5.

Any tips on keeping steady humidity? I'm in New Hampshire US and our humidity is all over the place. Sponges instead of filling with water? What is your preferred humidity and temp settings for incubation and lockdown/hatch in the Incuview?

Also had issues with the Incuview and room temps...had a heat wave during incubation last hatch and the incubator had a tough time with keeping heat steady. I had to adjust down, then had to guess what to set it at during the night when temps lowered in the room. Frustrating. I lost a few chicks this last hatch, and I am thinking maybe I had some temp spikes over 101.

My first hatch was 13 out of 14 set (my own eggs), and that one dud egg was actually an early quitter I think.

Borrowing a friend's Brinsea Eco 20 for a hatch of some shipped eggs...but after loading it and having to hand turn the unit I am not sure I even like it. Hopefully it gets them off to a good start. I may lock down in the Incuview just because it has a lot more room.

Any lockdown tips for temps and humidity specific to the Incuview. I have 20 eggs, and I suspect only a few will possibly make it since they were shipped.

Thanks for any insight!

Leela

Any tips on keeping steady humidity? I'm in New Hampshire US and our humidity is all over the place. Sponges instead of filling with water? What is your preferred humidity and temp settings for incubation and lockdown/hatch in the Incuview?

Also had issues with the Incuview and room temps...had a heat wave during incubation last hatch and the incubator had a tough time with keeping heat steady. I had to adjust down, then had to guess what to set it at during the night when temps lowered in the room. Frustrating. I lost a few chicks this last hatch, and I am thinking maybe I had some temp spikes over 101. 

My first hatch was 13 out of 14 set (my own eggs), and that one dud egg was actually an early quitter I think. 

Borrowing a friend's Brinsea Eco 20 for a hatch of some shipped eggs...but after loading it and having to hand turn the unit I am not sure I even like it. Hopefully it gets them off to a good start. I may lock down in the Incuview just because it has a lot more room. 

Any lockdown tips for temps and humidity specific to the Incuview. I have 20 eggs, and I suspect only a few will possibly make it since they were shipped. 

Thanks for any insight! 

Leela

Don't rely on the hydrometer that comes with it. It is way off. Use another one in the incubator.

Back
Top Bottom