Incuview Incubator

Pics
Quote: Oh, I thought it was a rectangle, not a square. I guess I will try rotating the lid.

I'm sure they will ask for pictures.

I just realized it's ID, Not IA! Further west time zone....

Thank you so much for your help.
Duh here...rotate 180 degrees.

Quote: Oh, I thought it was a rectangle, not a square. I guess I will try rotating the lid.

I'm sure they will ask for pictures.

I just realized it's ID, Not IA! Further west time zone....

Thank you so much for your help.
Duh here...rotate 180 degrees.

ha ha! Yeah, I figured that out when I tried it! Definitely a rectangle.
wink.png
But 180 didn't help anyway.

Your photo idea was the best! On taking close up photos, I was able to see that there is a kind of bubble in the clear plastic on one corner. The other three corners don't have that. That bubble is preventing that corner from seating. I can get the other three to seat (whichever way I orient it), but not that one. I just hope it shows up in the photos. I haven't uploaded them to the PC yet. But it's looking like just a manufacturing defect, so I bet they will replace the lid and all will be well.
smile.png

Okay! We are into lockdown! Candling last night around 7 PM confirmed 3 early quitters, so of 25 eggs set, 22 are going into lockdown.

For those who come after me: having had questions about humidity (where to set it and how to get the settings I sought) and having found that the Incuview seemed (in my environment) sensitive to slight additions of water, I put the eggs in, X side up for pipping and close together, before filling the water troughs under them.

As it turned out, getting to 65% humidity took the rest of our evening, slowly filling all troughs (as best I could with no good view of them!). Next hatch, I'll fill them all before returning the eggs for final lockdown placement!

I finally resorted to saturating a piece of flannel and loosely rolling it at the end of the 'bator, where I can re-saturate it using a syringe and tubing through the vent hole without lifting the lid, and where the turning arm (now turned off) keeps it out of the way (see pic, next post). With all that, I achieved 67% by 11 PM, which held until 6 AM, but has been slipping slightly since. This morning, I was able to get the humidity up to 68% by re-saturating the flannel using the tubing and syringe, which made me very happy!

I also lowered the temperature setting one degree. Fingers crossed!

Last edited:
Thanks for the update. I'm having a hard time regulating my RH level as well. Purchased the humdikit to go along w/ it (so we're not supposed to add water to the tray) but if I let the water evaporate, then set the RH level to 45, it goes lower -- like in the upper 30s. I hope I don't lose this hatch!!

I'm on Day 19. I readied my brooder last weekend~ So much fun! This is my first hatch so I'm hovering near the 'bator, slightly obsessing about the humidity. I think my eggs did pretty well from candling last night, but only time will tell!

I hope you have a great hatch!

Yes u to I candles last night also and found two non fertile ones and one that seemed to have died because the past few days it hasn't grown or even moved while I candle it and it was doing good so it must have just been a quitter good luck o how did u make ur brooder thanks

Back
Top Bottom