Incuview vent plug! In/out/ combination of both?

@aart Thank you, that makes sense, not sure why I couldn’t get my brain to picture that, it’s exactly as you described.:)

I have something similar rigged up to fill the water reservoirs, they first time I went to fill them after I had the eggs in, I realized th necessity for a tube water system on some sort. I think that is my biggest pet peeve with the incubator, it is so difficult to reach with the eggs in without a tube system

@aart Thank you, that makes sense, not sure why I couldn’t get my brain to picture that, it’s exactly as you described.:)

I have something similar rigged up to fill the water reservoirs, they first time I went to fill them after I had the eggs in, I realized th necessity for a tube water system on some sort. I think that is my biggest pet peeve with the incubator, it is so difficult to reach with the eggs in without a tube system
I knew it was hard to imagine, I actually got the idea from someone else and needed a pic too.

No harder to 'water' than the foamies I used before.
My biggest pet peeve was lifting the lid with one hand,
so I used some packing tape and make a 'handle':
upload_2018-11-12_17-24-6.png

I knew it was hard to imagine, I actually got the idea from someone else and needed a pic too.

No harder to 'water' than the foamies I used before.
My biggest pet peeve was lifting the lid with one hand,
so I used some packing tape and make a 'handle':
View attachment 1588478

A handle is definitely on my list of additions to the incubator, it will make things so much easier. Do you find the packing tape handle is holding up well?

Do you find the packing tape handle is holding up well?
Yep, works great.
Takes a bit of a light touch, keeping the back and/or sides of the lid 'hooked' on the base.
I put one on all 4 sides for when my dividers are in there at hatch, but use the front one the most.

Oh, and, make sure the tape follows the inside ridge closely so lid sets down tight on base.

I actually looked before my last post and didn't have one...
..but since you asked and I just had a coffee and the bator and sponge are still out on the table I trotted down and took a pic, just for you. :D
View attachment 1588464

@aart, I just wanted to follow up and let you know I have implemented the sponge around the vent hole method and it is working fabulously. Thank you so much for suggesting this and taking the time to post a photo of it:bow

Back
Top Bottom