Lazy Farmer

Gallus gallus domesticus
7 Years
Feb 28, 2017
Florida Peninsula
My Coop
My Coop
Hello,
Just wondering what the statistic numbers or criteria for the number of posts or activity that triggers the system to list a particular thread that is currently active and growing with exposure?
I understand the meaning of the 4 tabs: Recent/Active/Popular/New.
I am sure that they are automated.
  • New, obviously feeds off data it receives from NEW entries.
  • Recent obviously lists resent posts that are remaining active.
Active & Popular are the categories I am questioning.
  1. What are the pre determined number of posts or activity that triggers the program to list a thread in these lists? Example: I have a thread titled "Dinosaur Egg" that took off like a rocket for about 3-4 days. It's understandably that the program would list it in the Popular tab index. But that thread has long died off and rarely has activity but it still has been listed in the popular index for awhile now. It is being featured as being popular when actually is was popular and now dormant. Are the views from it still being clicked on keeping it in that index or is there a specific time that the program will list a popular thread?, even though it lost it's popularity.
  2. How can a completed thread that has a drop in activity jump from Active to Popular once the activity slows down or halts completely? Example. My Pot Luck thread. That thread stayed in the Active tab index pretty much the whole time the contest was active. But now that the contest has ended, it is listed in the Popular index tab. The number of posts have dropped down to nothing but it finally jumped across into that index category after the fact. What causes the program to decide to move it over into the popular index when clearly the thread is finished and disappearing into yesterday's news?
EDITED FOR GRAMMAR CORRECTION

Last edited:
Those tabs are not the same for the site...they change per user. Meaning what's new in popular to you may not be the same as what I'm seeing as new and or popular.

I haven't made it to the computer yet...I will in a few minutes to search for Nifty's explanating of these tabs...

Here is one of the posts:
I was remembering wrong...I DO NOT THINK they are user specific.
I'm still looking for another post.

Can you do a test?
Can you take a screen shot of one tab and post it here.
I want to see if they are different or not real quick while I continue looking.
My 4 tabs:
Screen Shot 2018-03-31 at 9.01.45 AM.png Screen Shot 2018-03-31 at 9.01.36 AM.png Screen Shot 2018-03-31 at 9.02.03 AM.png Screen Shot 2018-03-31 at 9.01.56 AM.png

Back
Top Bottom