Indian runners ducks. help sexing at 8 week old

Rebeccalee

In the Brooder
May 16, 2023
I have 3 runner ducks, just about 8 weeks old. I was told they were chocolate runners which would likely result in being female. I have read so many different things on what identifies between male and female from bill color to feet and legs etc.
Can anyone see anything with my babies that would give you an indication? They are all colored quite differently but from the same hatch. (I also have khaki campbells in the picture, 3 runners are in the middle)

Attachments

• 20230625_093018.jpg
    20230625_093018.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 77
I have 3 runner ducks, just about 8 weeks old. I was told they were chocolate runners which would likely result in being female. I have read so many different things on what identifies between male and female from bill color to feet and legs etc.
Can anyone see anything with my babies that would give you an indication? They are all colored quite differently but from the same hatch. (I also have khaki campbells in the picture, 3 runners are in the middle)
What were mom and dad?

They sure look like Runners and very pretty too.
What are their voices sounding like? Drakes really don't quack they have a soft raspy voice. Now the females quack AND can be pretty loud when giving an opinion lol
Ya I have been trying to tell from their quacks but I have a hard time getting my runners to make noise. I have 3 khaki cambells a week younger and when I pick them up they will all quack, but my runners are pretty quiet when I pick them up

Back
Top Bottom