1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Indian runners

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by cheepcheep3, Mar 3, 2013.

1. cheepcheep3

cheepcheep3 Out Of The Brooder

Feb 25, 2013
    Michigan
    I'm looking to get 4 show quality runner ducks, I am located in michigan but am willing to get them shipped from where ever. I was just wondering if anyone knew any places where I could get these guys from. I went on efowl and really liked how many different color options there were. I am also willing to just get eggs and hatch them myself. Thank you!

2. Kevin565

Kevin565 Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Dec 22, 2009
    You will not get SQ birds from Efowl. You can order ducklings but remember that SQ parents doesn't mean they will all grow up to be SQ. If you have to have SQ birds then you might be better off buying adult birds. You might look into Holderreads or some of the breeders on here.

3. Keystone Waterfowl

Keystone Waterfowl Out Of The Brooder

Jun 4, 2010
    Near Tulsa
    Agree with comments from Kevin. I would check out Holderread's website. You can order runners from their Top Show Quality breeder pens but if your goal is to end up with SQ I would always order a lot more than you want and then cull down once you can tell which will be the best four. It won't guarantee that you end up with SQ but a better start than ordering from most hatheries. I think Holderread recommends ordering 2 to 3 for each SQ duck that you want but I actually order more like 12 for each SQ I want and that is assuming that I know I can get good quality from them. There are also some breeders on BYC that sell eggs and ducklings from their exhibition birds. Another Holderread option is that they do sell adult runners but shipping costs are much higher. You can email them to see what they currently have or get on a list for adults this fall and winter.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by