INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

@Leahs Mom
Cherry harvest is coming soon.....
IMG_9935.JPG
From a distance it may not look like much, but these branches are heavy with fruit. The cherries will be a dark red when ripe. ......Perhaps you can make another visit to help us pick.
IMG_9933.JPG

Here's the new one we planted in April.
IMG_9936.JPG

Wanted to share how the Silkied Cochins are doing, as I kind of blanked on posting them here. :oops: I ended up with one pullet out of the three, thankfully! I was sure for a short while that I had 3 boys, so I'm grateful for the pullet. :lol: The little lady's name is Roxanne, and she's just as cute as can be, of course. :love

Roxy cute.jpg

Her brothers are little stinkers, but they are cockerels, so what else do you expect, right? :lol:

Blue band silkied.jpg Pink band.jpg

And then there are the Mottled Cochins... My Silkied line is for sure fast feathering, but it looks like the Mottled line from Meyer's is slow feathering--five of the six of them are still quite naked at 4 weeks old! :eek: Only two of them are obvious boys, with one or two more that I'm on the fence with still, and two pullets, I think. All I wanted was at least one pullet, so I'm satisfied with that ratio of sexes if that is how it turns out. :)

Mottled cochins.jpg

And, of course, there's the Dorkings. :love These two little ladies are reminding me daily of why I fell in love with the breed in the first place. Such sweet little babies!

Nikita cuddler.jpg

Nutmeg and her new chicks. They started hatching Friday, two days early. The last one hatched Sunday. This was taken on Sunday.
DSCN5002.JPG
DSCN5006.JPG

Here they are yesterday. It looks like there are two black pullets, and one male (on the right with the white spot on his head). The blonde ones I'll find gender out later.

One more mom sitting on three eggs which are due next Friday.

Back
Top Bottom