INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

I love the signs! :gig You have some nice looking birds, too! I'm way up north from y'all, northwest of Fort Wayne. 🙂
Somehow, PipD, I had you pegged as north EAST of Ft Wayne. As in way up there, near Michigan and Ohio.
Thank you! You are up there! Nice to meet you!

Your rooster is beautiful! Almost looks like he has some Spitz in him. But that huge single comb! That looks leghorn.
I’m from Indy! NW side! 🙋‍♀️
Now we just need someone from the NE side!

Good to see another familiar face checking in! :frow

Since I'm here, here's another update of my Cochin bantam brood hatched early June... If anyone has a pressing need for a bantam Cochin cockerel, uh, I might have one or two to spare. 😅

Black collage.jpg
Blue collage.jpg
Chocolate and mixed color collage.jpg

Last fall, our flock of 8 birds (including four 9yr old birds) suffered a major massacre. We were so heartbroken to lose all our old girls!

Survivor-wise, one 5yr old hen, one 4yr old hen and one roo remained. The 4yr old laid an egg this week so we think their trauma is subsiding.

Long story short, our compromised fence was repaired and we got chicks this spring. Of the straight run chicks, 3 of 5 turned out to be Roos. Of the 6 sexed chicks, so far they’re all still girls.
Soooo-we’ll be rehoming the 3 young Roos. That’s too many roos to meet city code.
The other 11 new pullets should start laying within a month or so.
Not sure I can go through this again if something else were to happen.

So sorry to hear about your losses! :hugs I hope your new little ones have given you some joy since. What breeds did you end up with?

Yeah, rehoming the extra boys, that's the fun part of raising out straight run chicks. 😅 I have 6 out of the little ones I posted that probably will need to go, maybe 5 because I haven't decided if I want to keep a Chocolate or maybe the mixed color baby just to see what he looks like fully grown. It was so much easier with my past couple hatches of them because so few of them were cockerels that I just ended up keeping all of them!

Back
Top Bottom