INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

Thought I'd say Hi to everyone. Boy hasn't this weather been something. I am OVER it!!!! Yesterday was just brutal. My horse and the loner pony had stood out in the pouring rain before it turned to snow , 2 days ago, and since it was to drop overnight so drastically, I moved them to my neighbors inside their barn. The ponys owner. But by doing that I have to haul water, feed and hay across the road and back a lane. Our quad wouldn't start so it had to be wagoned. I did check on the chickens every couple of hours yesterday and they all are doing well but not happy!! One more day and this will be over!! Hope everyone is hanging in there!!;)

So if this pic comes thru' he's an idea for those frost bit combs!!

My birds had a bad night. They were doing so well, then it got REALLY cold last night. All my roos don't look so good. Swollen combs and wattles. They had plenty of ventilation, and not a lot of drafts, but it was just too cold. I have the worst of them in the basement now to wait out the rest of the cold snap, but it is definitely a case of too little, too late. btw..hens and turkeys are just fine. Turkeys even slept outside last night.

Back
Top Bottom