INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

Roof is all framed, the next thing is framing in the doors (people & chicken), windows and vents. Then the finishing work. Siding and sheeting/shingles.

Some of the ducks and chickens are already trying to move in!

And if you are going to his place, we are not too far away.  I don't have many but as an add on kind of thing It might be worth the stop.  I have at least 1 HRIR and a few barnyard mixed with some of those being black sexed link chicks.

Thanks! But I think he's got enough for this trip :) I'll catch you next time!!

I have a rooster that we will be processing very soon. It looks very much like a silver phoenix. It was hatched from what I thought was a sumatra egg. Because of this I can not really be sure of its breed.
@racinchickins has first dibs but if he passes this rooster really will become dinner in less than 10 days.

Roof is all framed, the next thing is framing in the doors (people & chicken), windows and vents. Then the finishing work. Siding and sheeting/shingles.

Some of the ducks and chickens are already trying to move in!
looks great so far. My coop is built out of pallets. Looks bout the same size as yours. I used pallet boards as over lapping siding. This summer Im putting a new roof on it. Coops are always in a work in progress. :)
u6y2u2u6.jpg

sent from your friendly neighborhood poultry raiser! cluck... cluck...

I bought 2 from someone on ebay, but also found another pattern online -- I forget where though! I kinda combined the 2 ideas to make ours -- very simple pattern. I assume just a smaller version of the big ones would work for the little ones?
Yes, you scale it down. I had to measure from tail to beak and wing to wing to make them, then adjusted the pattern. Diapers turned out cute! I'd like to make aprons and knit hats for them too.

Thanks all, I'm trying to get it done!! I started the siding and thus gives you an idea of what it will look like.

I think it's break time again lol

I have 2 hens that are doing an evil thing that I was going to try crating. When the rooster mates 1 of the 6 month olds and 1 of the older girls, these 2 attack them from the face end while the roo has them pinned down.

The 2 attackers are 2 of the best layers in the flock so I'd hate to just take them out. I'm hoping that things will calm down more when they can range more area now that spring is coming in. But this poor little pullet runs every time the rooster looks her way. She's terrified of being attacked and I could just do something I'd be sorry for when I see it happening.
somad.gif

Back
Top Bottom