INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

Ok another pic: lol sorry.
My Granddaughter is in process of moving out. She just came in and gave me these.
As it turns out she (Vice President of DC FFA) accidentally grabbed MY eggs from our fridge when she took them to this sale so...MY eggs won Grand Champion eggs!!! And sold for $350.00!!! For that dozen. So she said that these belonged to me! : D.

My Granddaughter is in process of moving out. She just came in and gave me these.
As it turns out she (Vice President of DC FFA) accidentally grabbed MY eggs from our fridge when she took them to this sale so...MY eggs won Grand Champion eggs!!! And sold for $350.00!!! For that dozen. So she said that these belonged to me! : D.

WOW !!! Congrats !!!

[COLOR=006400] WOW! Now that's impressive. If only all of us could sell all our eggs for that much, it would really enable some major chicken math...[/COLOR]:lol:

I don't know if they are magic mushrooms or not but turkey hunting in the spring you will find patches of mushrooms all scratched up. It destroys the hair like structures that the mushrooms sprout from. They will never come back.

Tell him to stop looking then LOL. Or when I have more fertile eggs, you can hatch you own!!
big_smile.png
ya.gif
gig.gif
We enjoy being enablers. Well I do anyway.
I told him and he said not to be teasing him like that. I told him I thought you meant it. As well as
  • @Rhandi74 when she offered hatching eggs, which DH says he wants some from both of you... lol So there we go DH is hooked.

You are right, I do enjoy being an enabler, too.
lau.gif

Everybody should have Cochins, well I think they should.
smile.png
So does DH he thinks that's ALL anyone needs... lol

Our Indiana Thread has a talent pool of considerate and helpful people!

Good News!
smile.png
@hoosiercheetah , Mr. Jack of All Trades, (auto agent being one of them) located a Honda Civic in Indy for my DD at IU! For a very reasonable fee, hoosiercheetah also examined the car for signs from a wreck, flood, tornado, drug running, old bubblegum, counterfeit parts, ugly colors, bad sound system, etc. hoosiercheetah has been wonderful to offer his multi-talents to thread members from plumbing to electronic chicken coop devices~ and more. Thank you hoosiercheetah! Now I can have my lame, but handy Grand Caravan back, which DD has been using.

A side note:
smile.png
@EurekaChic ’s DH had kindly offered his auto agent skills in Bloomington, but there were more car choices in a larger city. We appreciate their efforts!

Time (and the Thread) flies when you’re having fun
I am way behind on the thread from my Indy trip just a few days ago! I’ve had problems catching up because the site has been down, photos haven’t shown up, and I’ve had posts and PMs deleted. Very annoying!

On my way home on Wednesday, I stopped in Martinsville to meet @ellymayRans and her handsome little boys. She had five Black Bantam Cochin (maybe some frizzles!) hatching eggs that I brought home, and placed under Bonbon that evening. She had been laying on three unfertilized Silkie eggs, and had a little extra tucking to do to get five eggs arranged!

Miserable Heavy Air
We’ve been having horribly hot and humid temps here, so I’ve had six outdoor fans going for the chickens, plus plenty of cool water, watermelon, etc. Because of the heat advisories, this is what my DH did to Bonbon’s broody coop while I was gone last week.
wink.png
DH likes to “act” like the chickens are my thing . . . Photo taken at night. You can tell that her coop is on the deck right next to the back door.
congrats on finding a car, @hoosiercheetah and @EurekaChic 's DH That was very nice of you.
clap.gif

(I hope I haven't already posted this one- I don't believe I have. )

This is Flo next to our Pekins and runner.
cute ducks

Has anyone else noticed mushrooms growing in their deep litter runs? I'm thinking it is the cooler wet weather and the shady areas. But DH thinks the wood chips we used had mushrooms in it.
Next question about the mushrooms. My chickens, ducks and turkeys all like them. But for some reason the turkeys really get a kick out of the mushrooms that seem to pop up overnight. They down them first thing and start acting all wild flying around their pen even into the sides of their pen's netting. The other birds just peck at the mushrooms here and there but no the turkeys almost fight over them. Do you think the mushrooms are making the turkeys a bit dreamy or maybe seeing things?
they are growing all over our place, but our chickens don't mess with them... our goats on the other hand.... lol

They look like mallards to me. Here is a pic of mine. Rouens are very similar but larger so I posted a pic of my Pekin with my mallards for size comparison. You should be able to sex them according to their voices. A female has a loud defined quack and a male is very raspy, my boys do not sound at all like they are quacking. The duck on the left of the waterer looks like a drake due to his greenish hue in his beak. The feather change in my drake did not start until he was about 16 weeks old. Mine are 20 weeks old and started laying at 17 weeks old.

I vote Mallard too but I'm not a duck person so?????

Hmmm stupid forum !!!

Sorry bn trying t upload my pic and it wouldn't let me!!!
Trying again! I just hobbled out n chkd on Diamond n her brood, Hatching vibes worked!!!! Yay! I'd like t introduce you to my/our new additions:

They are SOOO tiny!!! Both have correct # of toes! One has vaulted forehead the other doesn't. Hoping for pullets?!?!?

Ok in other new... I need t figure out if this one is a cockerel or pullet. I'm leaning toward coo kernel. What do u think? It's a Hatchery bird so has single comb...yuk! Lol
And here are my two "new" pullets they are supposed t be Barred Rocks.

ETA...ok the third picture wasn't supposed t b there...lol. But that is a cockerel. Was supposed t b a pullet but pullets don't crow...grrrr. Lol.
love chick pic's, and they look like BR's to me...

Wow!!!! Congrats... that's allot of money for eggs. What kind of eggs were they? Didn't even know they had shows for eggs...

Eeeew! Scary man-bird alert!! This is the bird I had in mind that would be frightening if crossed with the totally black birds Brad is going to hatch!
ep.gif
well that's just too scary... roflmbo

I told him and he said not to be teasing him like that. I told him I thought you meant it. As well as
  • when she offered hatching eggs, which DH says he wants some from both of you... lol So there we go DH is hooked.
[/COLOR]
So does DH he thinks that's ALL anyone needs... lol congrats on finding a car, @hoosiercheetah and @EurekaChic 's DH That was very nice of you. :clap cute ducks they are growing all over our place, but our chickens don't mess with them... our goats on the other hand.... lol I vote Mallard too but I'm not a duck person so????? love chick pic's, and they look like BR's to me... Wow!!!! Congrats... that's allot of money for eggs. What kind of eggs were they? Didn't even know they had shows for eggs... well that's just too scary... roflmbo
A lot of county's shows have a class for eggs. As well as the state fair. Prize money in things like 4-H and FFA are obviously not the growing rate for products, but a way for companies to get tier names out there and support what the kids are doing

Back
Top Bottom