INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

Hi all

Ray here and I live in Tipton just started incubating for the first time hope it all go well
welcome-byc.gif
and our thread
frow.gif

Best wishes on your hatch.

Well, it looks like I am going to get at least one chick from my shipped genetic hackle eggs - there is one more in the incubator so I am hoping for two ... should know by the end of the day tomorrow. I am happy that the purchase of six eggs is not going to be a complete bust. Very fitting for Thanksgiving!

I hope everyone had a nice day ... I am going to a pigeon show on Saturday and am really looking forward to it!

Good night, all!

Out of the shell first thing this morning! The other genetic hackle was a late quitter. :( It would have been a pretty color. Made me sad. But I am thankful that the hatching egg purchase wasn't a complete bust!

Have a lovely Friday, peeps!

I feel ya. My hens had dropped to 2 or 3 eggs a day out of 25ish that are old enough. Last week I haven't gotten a single egg. I even put a light in their house on a timer. I hadn't been messing with that the last few winters. Right now they're getting to be expensive "pets"

I even have been giving them some warm, hard boiled eggs from time to time but still nada.

I have over 40 and no eggs.

I have a random project and am hoping you guys might have a good idea on how to accomplish it easily and cheaply! I want to build four slow feeders for my horses hay. They eat way too fast and waste a ton. I originally had an idea to build them out of plastic food grade barrels, but they are SUPER hard to find!!! I have not entirely given up on that idea, but then I saw this and thought it was really cool! It is easy to fill from the back, just toss the hay in.

They are over $300 each to purchase! But I already have the netting, I just need some ideas on how to make the frame. The opening at the top could even be round. Does anyone have any ideas on how to make something like this? I don't think the metal sheeting is necessary, but I could pretty easily use canvas or tarp if I decided I needed something to block the wind. I am most befuddled by the frame. PVC might be doable but seems like it could be flimsy against a horse. @hoosiercheetah

Back
Top Bottom