INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

Can anyone tell me if this is a peahen or peacock? My neighbor found and has been taking care of it but doesn't have much information. Do any of you raise them?

It's a hen. By the looks of her I'd say India Blue Black Shoulder. Looks a lot like my gal

Was it the only one that hatched? LOL either the ducks were laying in there also, or that hen has some pretty great egg stealing skills!

Just the one alive. There were three hatched but it looks like the other two wandered out of the bailer fell and no way get back up to the nest. And ya the Ducks had to have been laying in there.
FYI, our always broody Muscovy hen is setting in a clutch of eggs!! You need a nice big pretty (QUITE) scovy hen over there;)

Just the one alive. There were three hatched but it looks like the other two wandered out of the bailer fell and no way get back up to the nest. And ya the Ducks had to have been laying in there.
FYI, our always broody Muscovy hen is setting in a clutch of eggs!! You need a nice big pretty (QUITE) scovy hen over there;)
Aww that's sad. Poor babies. I do need a muscovy hen..... I'd have to run that one by you know who first though lol.

Here are some random pics taken just a min ago.
#1 pic is my up and coming layers. Our first chicks this year. Light brahmas, RIR, cinnamon queens, white leghorns, and an ISA. Just let them start to free range a few days ago and they are loving it. Took the pic because they all were standing together. The only breed not in the pic is the cuckoo Marans....

Next pic is one of our Muscovy drakes a blue pied, and one of our three very first hens (butterscotch) named by my daughter who names every animal we have!!!!!

Then a trio of CornX.
Can you tell witch one is oldest middle and youngest lol
(Yes we have a third batch brewing)

It's amazing how fast they grow. The oldest are 6 weeks today!! Then 2 1/2 weeks old and the youngest are a couple days old! I think they are very attractive looking birds the CornX reminds me of a bulldog the way they are short and stocky lol

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom