INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

Rural King sent out coupons for their heated dog water bowls. I've used these for the birds year round. They only get turned on for about 6 - 8 hours a day on the freezing days but they work great in the summer too as the hens walk in the bowls to cool off. Of course that means cleaning them more often. Some people make covers for their bowls to keep the hens out of them in the winter but mine did not walk in them. @Leahs Mom came up with a great way to use them and protect the rooster's waddles.

http://www.ruralking.com/2015-12-18...ps-part-1&mc_cid=48dc7304fd&mc_eid=7735e1e3cd

Quote:
Have you heard of Tricyde Neo? Here's an article on treating bumblefoot with it. http://ouroneacrefarm.com/bumblefoot-treatment-tricideneo/
I did the tricyde neo treatment last year on a hen. After the fifth day of treatment the scabs just fell out. I treated a few more days and she was fine. I also treated with neosporin and wrapped her feet. No surgery and no reoccurrence. However if her legs are that swollen there is a good chance she is beyond treatment. You might want to try injection into her legs with antibiotics of some sort.

So for a while(about five months) I've been wanting to move to the Indy area but every land parcel or farm I've found is somewhere in the 300k plus range with or without buildings.. And the ones that are priced ok are way to small... Wth land in Indiana 4-5k an acre Indy area 10k really... And people wonder why the population is small... What does everyone see that makes the land worth that much that I don't.. To me Illinois has more to offer and is cheaper I'm so confused

So for a while(about five months) I've been wanting to move to the Indy area but every land parcel or farm I've found is somewhere in the 300k plus range with or without buildings.. And the ones that are priced ok are way to small... Wth land in Indiana 4-5k an acre Indy area 10k really... And people wonder why the population is small... What does everyone see that makes the land worth that much that I don't.. To me Illinois has more to offer and is cheaper I'm so confused

Many things will drive a lot's price up but for the most part: any large lots of land near a state capital are going to be priced higher than a similar sized lot in a small town setting.

Many things will drive a lot's price up but for the most part:  any large lots of land near a state capital are going to be priced higher than a similar sized lot in a small town setting. 

That's what I thought too but the farms where I live( parke county) are twice as much my preggo says it's because it's a historic county... Really the entire county

Development potential.

Just an FYI - Some people from IL (Chicago area) are moving into Indiana. (3 friends from the last year have made the leap across the border & are loving it in IN.) In IN you get more house & land for your $. In most Chicago suburbs 300K will get you a 3 bedroom, 2 bath home on .25 acre or less. We certainly couldn't afford to move here these days. Taxes are another major part. All kinds of crazy new tax laws are driving small businesses out of Illinois. Our friends who have taken lateral job transfers to IN & WI are now enjoying bigger homes & less expenses. (They are driving more, but gas costs less, so that evens out.) DH needs to live near Chicago, so we're kind of stuck.

Back
Top Bottom