INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

Oh my, I feel very humbled to see I was awarded the BYC friend badge! How exciting and thank you!
Congrats! You deserve it!
clap.gif

I opened the coops for a bit today. All the birds crowded around the door, looked outside, and hopped backwards lol. Only one little Buff Orp pullet was brave enough to venture out. She flew from the pop door to a log on the other end of the run, then sat there and sqwacked at me til I carried her back in! Lol https://www.backyardchickens.com/content/type/61/id/721
8724/width/200/height/400

She wasn't pleased that I stopped to take a picture before I picked her up lol. The wind has picked up and temps are dropping now so I closed back up, but at least the coops got aired out.

@indyshent- have you got any hunters in your family? Processing a rabbit isnt much different from processing a squirrel. The real labor comes if you are saving the hide. But, if you are allergic yeah, that would be bad lol. You can sometimes by rabbit meat at the farmers market if you just want to try it.

Schools are closed here again today. My kids have eaten so much in the last two days that Im going to spend today baking. Oh, and I have chicks hatching! You all stay warm!

I opened the coops for a bit today. All the birds crowded around the door, looked outside, and hopped backwards lol. Only one little Buff Orp pullet was brave enough to venture out. She flew from the pop door to a log on the other end of the run, then sat there and sqwacked at me til I carried her back in! Lol

She wasn't pleased that I stopped to take a picture before I picked her up lol. The wind has picked up and temps are dropping now so I closed back up, but at least the coops got aired out.

@indyshent- have you got any hunters in your family? Processing a rabbit isnt much different from processing a squirrel. The real labor comes if you are saving the hide. But, if you are allergic yeah, that would be bad lol. You can sometimes by rabbit meat at the farmers market if you just want to try it.

Schools are closed here again today. My kids have eaten so much in the last two days that Im going to spend today baking. Oh, and I have chicks hatching! You all stay warm!
I'm glad I'm not the only one keeping my chickies in the coop. I was wondering if I was being too protective. But it's plain nasty out there. @funnyfarmmom What kind of chicks are hatching???

I'm glad I'm not the only one keeping my chickies in the coop. I was wondering if I was being too protective. But it's plain nasty out there. @funnyfarmmom
 What kind of chicks are hatching???

These ones are a cross between Buff Orpington and Leghorn. Ive been hatching them because they are so pretty and friendly, but every hatch someone has come along and ten every one i have lol. Im determined this batch is mine! Hehe i have a batch of Austrolorps due next week.

These ones are a cross between Buff Orpington and Leghorn. Ive been hatching them because they are so pretty and friendly, but every hatch someone has come along and ten every one i have lol. Im determined this batch is mine! Hehe i have a batch of Austrolorps due next week.

Can you post pictures of the mixes if you have any?

All I have is a picture of the chicks, all of my bigger birds were bought. Ive been calling them Orpinghorns but really they are similar to the Tetra Tint that Tractor Supply sells, just with gold instead of red. If you look closely at the pic you can see their faces are a darker gold, when they feather out the girls have gold heads and shoulders with white bodies with sone gold streaking. The boys are mostly white with gold streaking.

All I have is a picture of the chicks, all of my bigger birds were bought. Ive been calling them Orpinghorns but really they are similar to the Tetra Tint that Tractor Supply sells, just with gold instead of red. If you look closely at the pic you can see their faces are a darker gold, when they feather out the girls have gold heads and shoulders with white bodies with sone gold streaking. The boys are mostly white with gold streaking.

Kinda auto sexing hmm

Back
Top Bottom