INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

Yes, I know they are free - they keep trying to come to my house lol. And I would love to know about those whispers lmao. They had me concerned cuz I've met your children lmao. And omg yes! I seriously can't wait for those chicks! And btw, your hubby wasnt always an enabler but we've converted him and mine (who was supporting but nervous) is all on board too now lmao! Even agreed to have indoor and outdoor animal set ups when we get a new place lol. Hehehe.
lmao... in the future someone will read this and loudly proclaim wth?

(Couldn't help myself... all these acronyms make me laugh....)
gig.gif

lmao... in the future someone will read this and loudly proclaim wth?

(Couldn't help myself... all these acronyms make me laugh....)  :gig

Sorry, I actually have great skills in writing but when I get into a rush .... I don't even realize that I do it. I personally have had a hard time getting an understanding of them all at first and used to keep a cheat sheet by my computer for a long time just so that I could understand what I was reading hahaha.

I was at the RK in Fort Wayne yesterday and they had no chicks, Tanks are out and ready, but no birds in them, may have them today though.

I needed font and feed bases for the chicks I have coming from M&M and they were way cheaper at RK than the TSC in Columbia City, just FYI for anyone in there area. Also, RK has their layer pellets and crumbles on sales for 10.99 for a 50 lb bag until the 20th.

I would like to do a batch of meat birds, just a few as a trial, but until I get coop 2.0 done, and my existed birds transferred to the big coop, and the coming chicks up and laying, I think DW would shoot me. Nevermind the currently unemployed part of the equation...lol
We do a lot of brainstorming in the winter months, lol. I know your pain, DH is i commercial construction. Winter is a daily guess if he is working. Thanks for the chick radar report, keep them coming everyone!

Quote: For sure! I was peeling potatoes , and put the peeling in a bag. Went out to the garage to toss them in the bug bins. My sister was here, and asked my why i didn't give them to the chickens..eyeroll!
roll.png
I didn't bother explaining raw skins are toxic. I told her I had to feed my mealies.. when I started explaining she freaked out about bugs.. eyeroll. SMH! she grew up in the same house I did, just don't get it.

Quote: Quote:
:D No need to apologize @LeahFreeman Was just "funnin" you
big_smile.png
lau.gif

Anyone else obsessing over the flocks, the temp next few days have me worried. My scovys are cooping at night so am watching them close. My big lavender drake had some frostbite on his knob last year so am watching close.

I was at the Greenwood RK this afternoon. The tanks are out but no chicks yet. They said the hatchery isn't shipping due to the cold, but they'll have them as soon as the weather breaks. So sad that I can't get any for at least six weeks!

Anyone else obsessing over the flocks, the temp next few days have me worried. My scovys are cooping at night so am watching them close. My big lavender drake had some frostbite on his knob last year so am watching close.
I found frostbite on some of the birds who refuse to use the coop at night (the super submissive roosters, like Mr. August and Big Jim Slade). They're terrified of other birds (or just antisocial with the coop, in some cases). Haven't seen it on any that regularly utilize the coop, but I'm going to have to Vaseline the bejeezus out of them tonight.

I was at the Greenwood RK this afternoon. The tanks are out but no chicks yet. They said the hatchery isn't shipping due to the cold, but they'll have them as soon as the weather breaks. So sad that I can't get any for at least six weeks!
*Psssst* *Shelbyville RK* *They had white Leghorns, CX, Jersey Giants, ISA browns, GLW and SLW, and a few more* *You didn't hear this from me*

Back
Top Bottom