INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

Here's my pretty frizzle Tolbunt Polish... This was before back end was plucked bald and bloodied.

In some pictures you can see the other hens. The gold laced polish hen and then two cream legbars (those two stay broody most of the time). She is pecking at snow in one picture. We have to keep trimming her feathers around her eyes so she can see

After her "haircut" last month:

Last edited:
HI everyone.

I am trying to find a "non-dinner-table" home for our Gold Brabanter Rooster. His name is Road Runner and he was a July 4, 2015 hatch. He is beautiful and good with the hens except for our Tolbunt Polish Frizzle, he has pulled her feathers almost bald on back and she hides from him. We have one more smooth Polish, a Gold Laced Polish hen and we have two cream legbar hens, they are all fine except he's bullying the TP frizzle, she's a favorite of ours and of our little friends who visit.

So we'd rather find a home for him.

Putting this up here just in case anyone may be interested in him, we want him to go to a free range home if possible or just with someone who will be good to him.

What a good looking chicken! I wish!

Good morning to all! Thank you to everyone that welcomed me, it sure feels nice to be welcomed!
I have enjoyed reading through old posts. Everyone seems to have quite the busy life! I thought my life was fairly busy but geeze, I'm just piddle farting around compared to you folks YI YI YI!
It's just me home during the day, DH works all day, son is grown and working on his own family now, of which includes my 2 grandsons, and I have my chickens of course! And I have a 10 yr old chihuahu named Emily. I spend my time in the garden, yard work and whatever chicken projects we decided to fail..I mean work on :rolleyes: the chickens are always in tow behind me or under my feet LOL.
They free range once I get my ransomed eggs. I tell them every day it isn't me holding them for ransom, it's the DH's demands lol
I mentioned I have 4 RIR hens, 6 BR pullets ( about to start laying I think) and the 3 unknown bantams...that's me in a nutshell!
I have LOVED the pictures ESPECIALLY Bawks roadrunner and the ducks on the swing, they are absolutely precious! I sure wish I understood more about having a rooster mate with my hens ( as farasmixed breeding and whatnot) because I would love to have roadrunner, he's GORGeOUS!
I want to hen raise chicks but not sure if I have a lady willing to be broody. I'm hoping the little banty will want to.

I hope you all have a most wonderful and succefulky productive day! :D

Leasmom, i agree. I hate to see them up there. And they OFTEN seem to struggle. I have since moved them to a pen with a top to keep them from doing it because I'm worried they will break their leg. If they are kept anywhere but the pen with a top they will stay on top of fence most of the day. And THAT worries me too because they aren't getting exercise, and they can't get away quick enough if a hawk spots them. I really don't know what their issue is, they don't want any part of any of the coops, i have to MAKE them go in at night. And they don't want anything to do with us, where as the other chickens call for us if we are gone from sight for too long.

Good morning to all! Thank you to everyone that welcomed me, it sure feels nice to be welcomed!
I have enjoyed reading through old posts. Everyone seems to have quite the busy life! I thought my life was fairly busy but geeze, I'm just piddle farting around compared to you folks YI YI YI!
It's just me home during the day, DH works all day, son is grown and working on his own family now, of which includes my 2 grandsons, and I have my chickens of course! And I have a 10 yr old chihuahu named Emily. I spend my time in the garden, yard work and whatever chicken projects we decided to fail..I mean work on
roll.png
the chickens are always in tow behind me or under my feet LOL.
They free range once I get my ransomed eggs. I tell them every day it isn't me holding them for ransom, it's the DH's demands lol
I mentioned I have 4 RIR hens, 6 BR pullets ( about to start laying I think) and the 3 unknown bantams...that's me in a nutshell!
I have LOVED the pictures ESPECIALLY Bawks roadrunner and the ducks on the swing, they are absolutely precious! I sure wish I understood more about having a rooster mate with my hens ( as farasmixed breeding and whatnot) because I would love to have roadrunner, he's GORGeOUS!
I want to hen raise chicks but not sure if I have a lady willing to be broody. I'm hoping the little banty will want to.

I hope you all have a most wonderful and succefulky productive day!
big_smile.png
Your mystery bantams are (drumroll, please) mille fleur Belgian D'Uccles! I've never been lucky enough to get a hen, but they're typically personable, good layers and (from what I understand) good broodies and moms.

UPDATE ON THE POULTS:

The two sweetest ones have come down ill. No clue what's up, but they're failing quickly and not wanting to eat or drink. Bathed and cuddling the Royal Palm, who's by far the worst off of the bunch. Some kind of sinus problem

hit.gif

I read up on the bantams that you ( Indyshent) told me I have...I feel so much better about their behaviors now. Apparently, it is typical for them to choose roosting high and it isn't uncommon for them to be bullied. Ugggh, these poor birds...I was REALLY hoping they could eventually integrate with the others but maybe not..
Many weeks ago I promised our neighbor one of the roosters so I am wondering, if they don't end up with the other chickens will one rooster be too much for only one hen if I just keep them in their current pen?

Back
Top Bottom