INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

Rooster overload this fall. I have several Bresse, white leghorn, Black copper Maran and Lavender Americana. Hen luck for me didn't happen this year. If you need a fella he is free pick up only. I'm going to process these boys soon.

I love English Orpingtons, although I don't have any.
PM me if you ever want to change that. ;)
laced orps in snow.jpg IMG_4360 copy.jpg IMG_7185 copy.jpg GG.jpg
PS- The mauve/blue hen is our biggest girl but she was also broody in that pic.

We have at least 14 rooster fellas that will process soon. All good roosters but not good enough to keep. Its just part of it. I have to pick the boys that are the most friendly and take care of the hens. Hate this time of year. I just adore roosters and the personalities they develop. Can't keep them all so I choose the most promising guys by personality and conformation by the breed. If anyone needs a Bresse, Lavender Ameruacana or Copper Maran holler! They are free to pickup. I will process these guys next week.

We have at least 14 rooster fellas that will process soon. All good roosters but not good enough to keep. Its just part of it. I have to pick the boys that are the most friendly and take care of the hens. Hate this time of year. I just adore roosters and the personalities they develop. Can't keep them all so I choose the most promising guys by personality and conformation by the breed. If anyone needs a Bresse, Lavender Ameruacana or Copper Maran holler! They are free to pickup. I will process these guys next week.
I have only one rooster to either re-home, or butcher. I'll post a pic of him later.

I always didn't look forward to the time of year for rooster butchering. It's heartbreaking to butcher when it's a nice boy and there's no place to keep him.

Hoping to build another coop to start separating my Muscovy's into breeding flocks, and also hoping to build winter dog houses for my dogs.
Last winter I built each of my dog's a winter house with pallets and filled the walls with compacted dirt. It kept the houses pretty warm with the dogs body heat. 2 of my dog houses were crushed by a fallen tree a couple weeks ago and the rest were dismantled for re-purposing.
I'm also wanting to build garden beds with pallets to start up my garden next year.
My main focus is another coop for my Muscovy's. My dogs are only outside when we aren't home.
I feel like there's a project involved...... Are you building a new coop or tractor or playhouse or misc garden fencing?
:pop

Back
Top Bottom