Indoor duck People

melster28

In the Brooder
Mar 24, 2017
Good Morning! People with indoor ducks, I have a question. How do you deal with all the duck poop? Do you do diapers or just deal with it and clean up constantly? I have a Pekin and since I have only one he thinks I am his mommy. There is no way I'm going to get him outside by him self. I've tried several times and he freaks out!!!! Please give me all the advise you can. Thank You

Good Morning! People with indoor ducks, I have a question. How do you deal with all the duck poop? Do you do diapers or just deal with it and clean up constantly? I have a Pekin and since I have only one he thinks I am his mommy. There is no way I'm going to get him outside by him self. I've tried several times and he freaks out!!!! Please give me all the advise you can. Thank You
I built a "Palace" for Pracilla, my White Crested duck. It's basically just a big wooden open topped box. I lined the inside with vinyl tiles and put in wood shavings. the tiles eventually started to not stick anymore so I coated the inside with flex seal and then I put shavings in there. Unfortunately Pracilla passed away back in march, but a little over a month ago a Pekin duckling about a day or two old was brought to me to raise, someone abandoned it at a park and it turned out to have a broken leg. Lily is recovering well and can walk again, she now lives in the palace when I'm at work

Great Idea!! Thanks. When you are home do you let her run around your house and do you put a diaper on her? How do you deal with all the poop? I bought a diaper but have not put it on him yet. I'm not sure how that's going to go. I need any advice you can give!!

Great Idea!! Thanks. When you are home do you let her run around your house and do you put a diaper on her? How do you deal with all the poop? I bought a diaper but have not put it on him yet. I'm not sure how that's going to go. I need any advice you can give!!
Well, she didn't move around a whole lot later in her life. Her Neurological problems started affecting her a lot more when she was around 7 to 8 months old, so she was usually on my lap, or I had her lay on a towel that was only used for her. Earlier in her life she did have a diaper, my girlfriend made one and we ordered one from Nettie, she runs the PartyFowl online store, but they are way behind on orders. I ordered in february, Pracilla passed away in March, and then just cancelled my order yesterday, so if you order from them it will be a while

I keep my girl in a crate, but she's disabled... I'm afraid I can't offer much help for a healthy, active duck. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom