~Indoor Duck Thread~

duckncover

Duck Obsessed
15 Years
Jan 17, 2009
North Eastern PA
Hi guys, was just wondering if anyone else lives with their ducks? My Muscovy hen Lady Quackmire lives in my room most of the time but has a small coop outside and gets to sit on the porch a lot. When she has her diaper on she is allowed to roam the house but so far stays in one room.

When she has her diaper off indoors she is either in her enclosure, my bedroom, or in the kitchen. She seems to like mealworms, grapes, and her pellets but is very cautious about food. She really loves live mealworms and crickets. She hasn't shown interest in minnows yet. She bosses the other animals in the house around and they are all afraid of her.

My parents only allowed me one duck so far but when and if she goes broody I'm going to have her hatch some eggs and a keep a Muscovy drake.

Today we went to the park and she swam around in the creek. She had a lot of fun and didn't try to run and was very calm. Everyone that stopped enjoyed her and learned a lot.

The minnow wound up on top of her bill!

This is the makeshift outdoor enclosure for now. It's an old parrot cage attached to a large dog house.

Welcome to Duckberg!

An inside view.

Do you think all of her needs are met?

I just ordered a black one from luvmychix. However I found material at Joann's Fabric that is semi-water resistant and stretchy. It is made for cloth baby diapers. I made her one using chicken mom's pattern from youtube with this material. It doesn't seep through much if she misses the pad. I want to have a couple on hand so instead of always using the same one I she can have variety.

Is there anyway I can teach her not to peck at the dog? My dog is terrified of her.

Hey all. I am in a quandary. I had two ducks and now I have one. There is no way I can get another one, I just can't. She's not really used to me as she lives outside, but she does know I feed her. I hate to leave her outside by herself all day and night. My husband will kill me, but I think I'm going to bring her in tonight to sleep in a pen I have. Any advice or help will be useful? Can I just bring her in at night? Will she be okay outside by herself? Any information please.

Back
Top Bottom