Indroducing chicks to older chicks HELP new to chickens!!! Plz!!!

Quote:

The baby's are 9 weeks in this photo but it may look like they
get along but the reality is there was a lot of introduction first
and the first feeding did not go off as planed so it all takes some
doing and doing and doing to get it to work .....

gander007
old.gif

Ugh idk what to do now I have been checking all day then I left them for 2 hours to clean house and go back to check and I come out to one of my barred rock older chicks pecking this little one to death and the other in the small dog crate I put in to help the chicks feel safer pecking another one but I caught it before that one got bloody I removed all the other ones and placed back in the box my gray Easter egger went back fine since that chick hadn't got pecked to bad but my tan amerucana that was pecked last night looks like this

I placed her back in te box but the other little chicks started to pester her too so now she is in another box recuperating tell she stops bleeding...
Should I just get rid of my older chicks tey were not exactly planned my hubby bought them at tractor supply??? Or keep trying new things very frustrating... Other ppl have said they just through them all together and it was all fine

Ugh idk what to do now I have been checking all day then I left them for 2 hours to clean house and go back to check and I come out to one of my barred rock older chicks pecking this little one to death and the other in the small dog crate I put in to help the chicks feel safer pecking another one but I caught it before that one got bloody I removed all the other ones and placed back in the box my gray Easter egger went back fine since that chick hadn't got pecked to bad but my tan amerucana that was pecked last night looks like this

I placed her back in te box but the other little chicks started to pester her too so now she is in another box recuperating tell she stops bleeding...
Should I just get rid of my older chicks tey were not exactly planned my hubby bought them at tractor supply??? Or keep trying new things very frustrating... Other ppl have said they just through them all together and it was all fine

Random update but returned to check on the injured chick and peeked in on the other to find my hen laying with the chicks no arguement sir pecking but the roosters were else were the two roosters were the ones who attacked the smaller chicks should I seprate them?? We plan on eating them when they are fryer size anyways?? The only roosters I wanna keep is if one of my bantam Cochins is a roo or my one of my black copper marans

Hello!
I have six baby chicks already (they are around two weeks), but I really want more... should I get more? If so, how many?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom