Infectious Bronchitis

They are doing much better! I lost one of my barred rocks but I'm not sure if it was sick or not because it seemed fine then it was dead. But the rest of them got over the sickness and have started laying eggs again! I was so worried they would never lay again because it got to where they completely stopped.

@kaseythomas86 I'm going through this now. What exactly did you do to help them get better? I have a snow storm going on right now so I brought the two worst ones inside. I'm giving vetrx prebiotic and electrolyte to them and I order tylan soluble and waiting for that to come in the mail. Anything I'm missing? This is my first flock and I don't want to lose them. :(

You can give an antibiotic to them to help fight any secondary infection but other then that mine just got better on their own. I did lose one young chicken but the rest survived.

@kaseythomas86 Thanks so much for getting back with me! I've been worried sick! I'm glad to hear yours got all better how old was the one who didn't make it? My youngest in the flock are 14 weeks old. They aren't showing any symptoms but I'm a till worried about them. Did your chicken's laying decrease significantly? Only two of my flock have started laying and they have stopped completely which I expected and those 2 are the sickest in the group.

I'm sure all of them will get it I know all of mine did. The one I lost im not 100% sure it was because of the IB Bc it didn't seem real sick but I woke up one morning and it was dead. I think it was like 8-10wks old. All of mine stopped laying completely and then they started back about 8wks later

Did their laying decrease when they did start back? Mine were laying every day and taking 1 day off a week so I'm just curious how much it will go down once they do start laying again.

Back
Top Bottom