info please

we fot them like 2 months ago when they were timy. how do i knw if they have their adult feathers.

we fot them like 2 months ago when they were timy. how do i knw if they have their adult feathers.
You kinda go by the look of them.

I got my two on June 10th I think as day-olds. A lot of folks take their birds outside around 8 weeks (depending on growth and weather)

This was one of my girls around july 20th, she's got a lot of her feathers in but you can see the bald spots through her wings along the feather shafts and her back still has a lot of fuzziness to it and she just looks a little bit raggedy, like the feathers dont all lie nice and sleek and smooth, still a little too fuzzy. In the picture you posted earlier, it looks like you're almost at this stage. Their flight feathers (the long wing feathers) look like they're only just starting

IMG_2814.JPG
IMG_2750.JPG

And then around august 10th her wings are fully feathered with no bald spots or visible feather shafts and while shes still fluffy on her belly and butt where she's got downy feathers, its not as fuzzy looking. when she preened she was shedding actual feathers and not just those little bits and tufts of fuzzy downy they shed as babies.

IMG_3692.JPG

IMG_3872.JPG

You kinda go by the look of them.

I got my two on June 10th I think as day-olds. A lot of folks take their birds outside around 8 weeks (depending on growth and weather)

This was one of my girls around july 20th, she's got a lot of her feathers in but you can see the bald spots through her wings along the feather shafts and her back still has a lot of fuzziness to it and she just looks a little bit raggedy, like the feathers dont all lie nice and sleek and smooth, still a little too fuzzy. In the picture you posted earlier, it looks like you're almost at this stage. Their flight feathers (the long wing feathers) look like they're only just starting

View attachment 2340834
View attachment 2340836

And then around august 10th her wings are fully feathered with no bald spots or visible feather shafts and while shes still fluffy on her belly and butt where she's got downy feathers, its not as fuzzy looking. when she preened she was shedding actual feathers and not just those little bits and tufts of fuzzy downy they shed as babies.

View attachment 2340838
F8F47DDD-C3A0-4756-BB55-975E8B7F47C3.png

Back
Top Bottom