Informal Poll - Which Chicken Would You Like To Take Home?

Which Chicken Will You Take Home?

• Nº 1

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • Nº 2

Votes: 8 30.8%
  • Nº 3

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Nº 4

Votes: 9 34.6%
  • Nº 5

Votes: 16 61.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I like #3 - really nice feathering. But I'm not a fan of Turken.
I deliberately didn't choose #2 since it's the only female and it's kinda obvious people would go for that.
#4 & #5 are nice, handsome boys.

Number 1 is indeed a Game bird. It’s a rumpless version of a Navajero Peruano. That sorta translates to “Peruvian Razor.” For Halloween, it translates to “Peruvian Knife-cutter!”

The breed is only recognized in Peru and maybe a couple other countries in South America. Was developed from Malay, Spanish Game, and maybe a bit of Shamo, Aseel and/or Liege Fighter. Then they somehow introduced rumpless genetics to create Number 1.

Numbers 4 and 5 are Brahmas from a breeder. Seems to me like the breeder is doing pretty well breeding toward the Standard. They’re big, rotund, have large heads, and are very fluffy.

Imagine that you want to buy a chicken for breeding.... All are males except for No. 2.

The prices are the same for each one. Which one do you want to take home? You can buy one or two of them. (The number of each choice is below each picture).

Is it assumed that I have any other chickens at home?

If I have no other chickens, then of course I pick #2 the only hen.

I avoid #4 and #5 even though they I think are the prettiest chickens in the set, because I do not like feathered feet.

I choose rooster #3, because I like his body shape better than #1. (I don't like naked neck or rumplessness, but because each is caused by a single gene they are equally simple to breed out, making that not a factor in this choice.)

Is it assumed that I have any other chickens at home?

If I have no other chickens, then of course I pick #2 the only hen.

I avoid #4 and #5 even though they I think are the prettiest chickens in the set, because I do not like feathered feet.

I choose rooster #3, because I like his body shape better than #1. (I don't like naked neck or rumplessness, but because each is caused by a single gene they are equally simple to breed out, making that not a factor in this choice.)
Maybe there are a few other chickens at home, but you have building skills and an unlimited budget. You live on acres and acres, so that crowing is a non-issue. :)

Feathered Feet: Your climate isn’t snow and ice, although it rains sometimes.

Back
Top Bottom