Information on DE

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by mapa, Oct 19, 2008.

1. mapa

mapa Out Of The Brooder

Oct 5, 2008
    Mc Gill, Nevada
    A while ago someone posted an interesting and informative article on food quality DE. It even listed quantities to give to pets and people. I can't find it anywhere. Does anyone know where I can find it on this site - or do you have link ? thank you!![​IMG]

2. roosmom

roosmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 3, 2008
    upper peninsula
    Mapa, I looked back and in my posts I found this. The website lists all the good things about DE for humans and animals. Take a look.....

Roosmom checkout www.freshwaterorganics.com/what_is_de.htm Greyfields opinion not withstanding, I have posted articles of controlled groups in zoos in the United States that indicate it does control internal paracites.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2008
  3. cmom

cmom Hilltop Farm

Nov 18, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    Quote:I ran across the same article. I use Food Grade DE and swear by it.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2008
  4. nerfy

nerfy Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2008
    Western Illinois
    I recently purchased DE food grade for my chickens because a friend recommended it for parasites. Did not know much about it. Read the info on the links..Thank you so much for posting. Did not know it was good for fleas too.
    My dog has brought fleas into my multiple cat household. (indoor cats). Was using Frontline, but ran out. It is so expensive, (was online comparing prices to order more) and I would rather use a natural method.
    There will be a major dusting party tomorrow.
    Again, thank you! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by