Injured Canada Goose. What should I do?

I had an errand to run first thing this morning so I was a little late getting back but the geese were standing by waiting for their breakfast as I drove up. Years ago they'd run from my car but now they just kinda move out of the way 🤣
A picture of Gooslyn from today. He seriously needs a new name. He's too amazing to have a feminine name. Just in case I'm wrong, I'd like to find some gender neutral. He comes to "Goosie! Goosie! Goose!" but all of them do that for the most part. My neighbor stopped by today while I was out with them and she was amazed. She asked about how aggressive they were. They are aggressive towards each other especially when the feed first comes out, but they've never shown aggression towards me. I've noticed the level of aggression varies by the number of geese here. I've counted up to 52 here at one time so that really is a LOT of GEESE. They do have a lot of personality and I love to see this part. They're not huge fans of my daughter's but she doesn't spend much time with them. They've never hurt her but they have charged at her, just a little bit. They haven't caused me any concern for her safety.

20220727_084832.jpg

It's such a blessing to see you so fond of these geese when most of the time all we hear is they are a nuisance and need to be eradicated. We live above a mountain river and rarely do we get geese on it mainly because the water is so low I suspect. Most of the time they'd have to walk rather than swim or float. We do get wild ducks passing through though they just are here for a day then gone. But never up here at the house.
Do your geese stay around all year?
Gooslyn is so adorable. ❤️

Back
Top Bottom