Injured Duck anything I should do?

Phoenix2015

Chirping
Mar 16, 2016
We had a predator attack yesterday morning early. It took off with 2 roosters, killed 3 more roosters and a male duck and injured one of my female ducks. She seems to be moving okay but slowly. She has flapped her wings and I am able to pick her up with out her raising a ruckus and I washed her off. I don't know if she is hurt or if it is blood from her mate (the male duck that was killed). But she is not moving like normal so I believe she may have gotten swatted. Should I take her to the vet to be looked at?

None of my Ducks seem to be eating like normal since the attack. (I had 4, 2 matched pairs) As long as they are drinking and bathing in the pool should I worry about the fact that they are not eating? I gave them a treat of some mealworms this morning and they usually clean them up, but today while they did eat some of them there are still a lot of the worms on the ground.

Please give advice.

I am so sorry for you:(.

They will be traumatized for a month or so. Don't worry about that. Perfectly normal. As long as they are eating a bit and drinking. They are just being guarded. Fix the predator issue immediately and soon everything will go back to normal.

I don't know too much about ducks-injuries, etc. If it were a chicken, I would tell you to wash it up best you can, possibly isolate her, put antibiotic spray, cream, or ointment on it. Make sure bugs don't get to it.

Back
Top Bottom